finally got my amp racks back in

pwmin

recarpeted them, one poorly i might add (were black). didnt find the exact stuff as before, so its a little lighter (less noticeable in person), backing was easier to work with, but liked to make a mess when cut whereas the other stuff didnt but home depot quit carrying it (fuckers)

old:

500303_45.jpg

new:

DSCF0493.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

i got it at lowe's. hd quit selling what they had they i used before that was a perfect match. its not an exact match to the factory carpet, but its really close. im not sure if another store like that would sell it or not.

Looks really really good!

But I cringed when I saw the amps.....My brothers truck started on fire after a Kenwood amps circuit board capacitors leaked acid onto its circuitry.

But superb job! :thumbsup:

ah, they were cheap for their power and i got 2 free 10"mtx rt's with each, so...

has worked better than the mtx amp i used to have :roll:

thx for the compliments. wish i still had my vq's though. they were much better. got rf's i my camaro.

no diagram. built in 3 pieces. built for the vq's i had in there so theyre a little big for the standard perfects. the most important part is the center piece getting the angles right so it sits flush with the passthrough. i can easily take dimensions with although with the carpet. wish i would have kept some sort of diagram.

I have found a little local vinyl top replacement shop that also sells old automotive fabrics and carpet. I went to them and got the stuff to redo my trunk in black carpet matching the interior perfectly. I'll cover up the ugly ass wall behind the back seat with it too 8)

It looks like you did an ok job on the right amp but a great job on the left one