FFP drop? not until i get torque specs!

cryptnix

I like my monoleaf! I could love it and hug it and cuddle it forever.....

Actually it was a state of the art. It offered a very stable ride, even in base models compared to other cars... Ever had a corsica? The rear was unstable as $%^&.

I did have one bad experience, but only because a @%#@& tow truck driver towed the car by the rear lateral arms and collapsed the assembly.

Ken

-shrugs-

Read it somewhere, but i can't find it now. It seems to me that they stated the Monte Carlo's sheet metal in the wheel well was thicker. If it works it works. If it should ever fail... Please let us know. - Ken

Yeah, I posted pics awhile back, 1.5-gen Lumina/Monte wheel wells are 4-layers in spots, about 4x the thickness.

Then again, I've only heard from one person who claimed wheel well failure, and he didn't post pics.

I'm sure it's fine, ever seen how thin the sheetmetals are on Honda strut towers?

Fiberglass monoleaf is actually a superior design and performer, not to mention being lighter and offers better roll resistance. That's why they use them on the Corvette. Only problem with them is you can't get a decent lowering leaf.

Thanks for the affirmation, and the further details i didn't know.

It's kindo of unrelated, but I owned a saab, and it suffered wheel well failure and a little bit more... the right rear shock tower was mounted to the wheel well and was slowly moving sideways. I discovered the hatch back carpet was wet and pulled it back to find this MFing THREE INCH WIDE CRACK!! Nothing like having One experience so as to never want to see it again. :shock:

Yeah it's a $!^@# to lower, but the leafs are an excellent design otherwise. Upgrade to larger tires instead!

apprehensive? man, you guys are making ME feel that way...

anyway you hear of something ... as in the actual tower giving out let me know ...

and gimme pictures...

I like the look of those coil-overs...may try those when the wheels and tires get here.

edit...answered my own question as I was typing. It is a shock that is sliding so the spanner would just move the travel length of the shock. Nevermind for those who read my previous post... :oops: 8)

pwmin, I was saying I liked them! they are quite effective afterall.

ah, its all good, i just misunderstood. i wish i could have mine back on but is just not worth going back to stock ride height or having a metal spring back there.

That saab only lasted a month for me lol. Thats the shortest run I've had with any car.

Of course, it was an 87 saab 9000 they rust out horribly. As long as the wheel well isn't compromised by rust, and as long as you don't bone jar the rear supension (no General Lee Jumps) It may work out alright.

May I suggest just using the factory leaf, and filling the trunk up with wieght? Like all your ex-GFs?