FFP drop? not until i get torque specs!

cryptnix

more specific?

what car/part are you working on?

fast forward performance drop front spring?

or even ffp Rear coil over springs?

Keep in mind I Haven't researched the parts but do understand how it affects the suspension.

I'd also like to take a quick moment to ask whether or not rear coil over springs installed to lower the rear and remove the leaf springs may fatigue the gen 1 body.

Hey! i said I wasn't sure what they were offering!!! I wouldn't do it on mine at least.

The Question I asked was whether the W-body is strong enough to ride all of the wieght on the fender well structure. i've read recomendations against, after all.

from the 1994 CS factory manual (snatched from a car going into the crusher Who-Ho)

jack pad bolt 25 N*M (18 lb ft)

Spring Retention plate bolts 25 N*M (18 lb ft)

Rod to knuckle 90 N*M (66 lb ft)+90 degrees

strut to knuckle nut 180 N*M (133 lb ft)

upper strut bolt 46 N*M (34 lb feet)

trailing arm to knuckle 260 N M (192 ft lbs)

any others?

The Question I asked was whether the W-body is strong enough to ride all of the wieght on the fender well structure. i've read recomendations against, after all.

Its been proven ooo so many times. Not ONCE has any one had any complaints or problems.

I doubt it. All these parts are virtually the same on all gen 1's. In the least, I believe that the 94 and 96 should be the same. I'm horrible. I seldom use a torque wrench unless it has to do with internal engine stuff. But i know my weight on a 1 foot bar would be 175 lb ft... Tighten until tight. lol

I've torn apart everything from an 88 to 2000. I even dropped the entire rear suspension in the middle of a parking lot and swapped them between two cars, struts, suport crossmember, and all! I had no book to compare, but it fit and worked. lol

But for your peace of mind....Anyone else absolutely certain on compatability?

umm ... look at it this way ... it has a few special additions to accept the ability of being dropable... its been quized up and down ... you gotta look at monte carlo's and all that jazz... the only difference wit this setup is its adjustable

theres no mono on the monte carlo's ... i dunno why you're so worried ...

some kid in a lumina once told me he had the corvette suspension and his car was literally touching the ground in the back.... i doubt the kid even knew his car was the same body type as mine...

i don't know everything nor do I try to imply it but this setup has been proven over and over and over; i think theres like 40k miles on that car you see above (z34_nut's car ... ) and I just the way Michael acted to me I doubt he'd EVER release something that wasn't "worthy"

-shrugs-

Read it somewhere, but i can't find it now. It seems to me that they stated the Monte Carlo's sheet metal in the wheel well was thicker. If it works it works. If it should ever fail... Please let us know. - Ken

Guest TurboSedan

i think i've had rear coilovers on my car longer than anyone here; since the fall of 2001 anyway. at least 80,000 miles. there has been no damage, nothing at all. i inspect the upper mount/fender area regularly. i probably put my car through more abuse than most people as well.

Try it otherwise...

Grind their heads off... You may be able to remove their shaft later with a vice grip.

(like every exhaust manifold bold on both my long lost buicks)

Or just butcher the monoleaf... -ken

there are no pics yet... the pass. strut mount bolts broke in half :-( and the stop that stops the lateral links are the ones that are rounded of ... going to hax0r the monoleaf ;-\