Auto Detailing Tips

Kaline

You should see the buildup of brake dust on my wheels after a couple of weeks. Granted, I don't get a chance to warsh my car often, but still. I use degreaser and a big brush to remove what I can, and then a small toothbrush.

I am going to do a brake job very soon with new rotors and pads, and not whitebox stuff either. I'm tired of having a foot massager for a brake pedal.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• 97loudcut

• slick

Regular wax works great on wheels, especially chrome or anything aluminum w/clearcoat on it. Makes it nice and shiney, gets rid of water spots. I'm sure it protects a bit too.

i've always wondered if i could use regular wax on the wheels....thanks C-BAD

I've waxed every set of wheels that I have owned(aluminum, chrome, etc...). Generally helps prevent from brake dust buildup and helps from getting dirty as quick in general.

yeah i just waxed the new center caps i got from egay, and cleaner wax made a helluva difference. one still needs work with aluminum polish and alot of elbow grease, but i was impressed

• 1 month later...

well, i read that mr clean magic eraser will take scuffs and other misc streaks off of your cars paint. well, today i was in indianapolis at a supercenter walmart and remembered i read that. i try to keep my car as clean, dent free and chip free as possible, so i figured i would pick some up and try it on this nasty mark on and around my gas lid.

well, i just used it, and it took it off almost immediately! i have no idea what it was, because it was there when i bought the car. but the scuff was on the B4U panel over the wheel well, on the gas lid, and behind the lid, covering in total about 6 or 7 inches. i was really amazed at how well it worked i had to scrub somewhat, but not really hard. i also just went around my whole car, and found little streaks or little spots and it took them all out.

this shit is amazing! from now on, i will keep some mr clean magic erasers with all of my car cleaning stuff. today i also bought some new mcguires tire gloss, havent tried it yet, but will most likely do it tomorrow. the bottle says it lasts for weeks not days. i bought this new stuff bc i couldnt find the product of theirs i usually get, so i found this instead and picked it up. it wasnt marked in price, and turns out it was $5/bottle so i hope its good stuff!

just thought i would share this with anybody in case he/she has anything on their paint and cant find anything that will remove it.

FYI

This is the best tire shine on the market today. I challenge anybody to try it, and differ with me.

ArmorAll Tire Shine Gel

news1144321758.jpg

OH, and recently BlackMagic released their newest product. I picked it up today and to my amazement, IT IS AWESOME!

rodi_1940_166550411

Look for it to hit stores near you soon!

• 2 weeks later...

news1144321758.jpg

I HATE that shit. It makes my tires look like they have hair grease on them and it goes away after 2 days. Plus its a pain in the ass to put on. So there, i differerd with you, and i was being honest. I'll stick to my black magic wet & black.

Kyle

lol damn show your opinion!!!

I like the purple Meguiars stuff the best. Stays on for weeks, and doesn't splatter all over the rockers

X2! Meguiars Natural shine gel ROCKS!

• 2 weeks later...

BY FAR the best wax on the market is WIZARDS SHINE MASTER... i work at a body shop and i have seen some rough cars... this stuff makes them look great... It works good because it not only is a non silicone wax but a paint sealant as well... so for everyone who likes to clay ball their cars to get the imperfections out and make them smooth... this will do it for with virtually none of the elbow grease

Alright i have plenty of the wax at my disposal... i also have been working at this bodyshop for two and a half years as a prepper... therefore i am very skilled at the art of buffing... IF NE ONE WANTS TO MAKE THE DRIVE TO CROWN POINT i will completely buff and wax their car for 115$ ... i have already buffed lumimans car and my good friend shocktherapy is soon to come ... they can both vouch for my buffing ability

Willing to trade for a buff job as well... i need an underdrive pulley for a 94 lq1... a hud projecter... a complete center console from a 97 gp... am also looking to do an l67 swap soooo if ne one has a spare l67 laying around and would knock some money off... decent aftermarket 6 by 9s

i pretty sure he meant a full detail job and some aftermarket 6x9's...

but then again i think he said that it'll just knock money off for the l67 sheesh read the thing lol!