Auto Detailing Tips

Kaline

Someone on the Alero forum posted an unusual item to clean plastics and leather (which I thought odd) but tried it anyway. Use a Mr. Clean Magic eraser and water or Oxy Clean spray. clean it off, dry it then treat the leather, it works WONDERS, a truly amazing spectacle.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• 97loudcut

• slick

where do you find the 303 aerospace cleaner?

summit racing sells it...but it'd prolly be cheaper to buy it locally than it would be to pay for shipping it...

To you professional detailers (particularly C-BAD): how do I get four-year-old coffee stains out of tan carpet? I hit it with cleaner and a steam vac, but it barely touched it.

When I say coffee stains, it's more like someone poured a whole cup of coffee on the carpet every day. For years.

if you've scrubbed it with a strong cleaner and tried steam... you're probalby gonna have to dye it. Sometimes stains will NOT come out, especially colored stuff like juice, Gatorade, etc. and I suppose coffee if left for a long time...

I dunno what your carpet looks like.... :dunno:

FWIW I got my carpet looking fairly clean, but it's sooo mashed in and worn out that I wanna replace it (with graphite ;))

• 3 weeks later...

I am a detailer at my local Ford dealership (yes I know saying that in this forum is not a good thing :lol:) and here are a few things I found that work great:

Meguiars Rich leather wipes: Work AWESOME on any leather surfaces and smells great, too.

Mr. Clean Magic erasers: When I got my TGP a week ago, it had tar spots ALL over it. I just used 1 magic eraser and the car is MINT now.

Motorcraft Spot & Stain remover: This stuff cleans stuff out of carpet/upholstery that a rugdoctor carpetcleaner won't take out. This stuff is AMAZING!!

Motorcraft 1 step Wash & Wax: This is great- you just wash your car like normal and it leaves a thin layer of well- it's kinda like a wax/rainX for your car- water just beads up and runs off the car- it's great!

Swiffer dusters: Lol yes it sounds funny but these work awesome on dashes, door panels/jambs, vents, and glass. It takes the dust off EVERYTHING without leaving residue and it literally takes less than 1 minute to get the car totally dust free.

Vinegar: Very simple, removes water spots quickly and easily.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

Just my 2 cents :lol:

• 1 month later...

McGuires Extreme Tire Shine

Comes in a black/orange box and includes the tire shine (orange bottle) and the foam applicator. One application lasts me ATLEAST 2 weeks a 3-4 washes.

Also Eagle 1 "wax as you dry" for a great "just waxed" look.

McGuires Extreme Tire Shine

Comes in a black/orange box and includes the tire shine (orange bottle) and the foam applicator. One application lasts me ATLEAST 2 weeks a 3-4 washes.

isn't that the Armor Nothing...I mean Armor All stuff? Meguiars doesn't make any "extreme" tire shine gel...only the nxt aerosol.

its just too bad i HATE all armor all products...i've been turned off by them ever since i used their dash wipes a long time ago...on a side note AEROSPACE 303 protectant ROCKS!

:werd: I refuse to use any Armor All product.

its just too bad i HATE all armor all products...i've been turned off by them ever since i used their dash wipes a long time ago...on a side note AEROSPACE 303 protectant ROCKS!

:werd: I refuse to use any Armor All product.

x3

and just because two magazine's said it was the best....doesn't mean that it IS the best. its all personal opinion