How to remove emblems from the car???

90TGP

Has anyone tried that adhesive remover by 3M? I would imagine that would work miracles (assuming it doesn't melt the paint)

Or maybe that bug/tar remover (I'm sure that doesn't hurt the paint)

I've used a flathead screwdriver and a twist of the wrist before, the paint wasn't harmed, it just left all the sticky shit behind (can I swear?)

However, fishing line is stronger than dental floss, so if you're not comfortable with the other methods, this would be the best way. :-D

-MaD-

On another forum, I heard people say 3M Body Eraser is all you need to remove the sticky. You put it in a die grinder and erase the sticky away. I've never tried it, but a lot of people swear by it. I don't even know where to get it!

The 3M eraser works wonders. We used it on our race van to remove over 100 letters and strips. The only problem was the paint was more oxidized on the uncovered paint than under the sticker and left a "shadow" of the lettering. We used it in direct sunlight and in the shade and it never even remotely burned the paint. You can find it at any body supply store that sells 3M products... 8)

when i bought my CS it had striping on it and wellit just had to go ASAP.

then once i started doing that i decided i was going after the debadged look as well.

still got some to do, but have removed the striping and the badge on the trunk lid.

a hair drier was used to speed up the removal of the striping and the one badge so far. just heat it up a bit and then start the striping and pull slowly. then for the badge heat it up then pry it off with your fingers.

we used goo gone to remove the stickies.

there was the shadow (or whatever it is called) of the stripe and the badge, but they have slowly faded. not completely goen yet, but getting there.

i have washed my car at least weekly sometimes more than twice a week. since i got it in mid may. and have waxed it once.

i wonder if anyone has a comparison between methods mentioned here?

where you tried it one way then tried a dif method.

and the results

Monty