Well it looks like I can't get into my car.

5speedz34

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• Prospeeder

• nebojsa_o

• gp90se

id try to get a hanger in the door jam and pull the handle, done it a few times but not on a lumina.

that does work... cop did it to my buddies z34 when he locked his keys in his car while it was running lmao then when you get new handles make sure you adjust the screw so you know they will open once you get them on

whack the door area near the door pin and try to pull it open if that doesn't work force your body againest that point on the door and pull on the handle. that sometimes works for me unless i forget that i locked the door :oops:

Until they said it was your Cutlass, I was going to suggest photoshopping the door handles back into your sig, then try opening it.

My real suggestion is to lean up against the door near the handle, puting pressure on the door....then rolling the handle upward while puting pressure inward against the handle.

May not work for w-bodies but it always did the trick on my Charger/Turismo. Those handles are the worst.

Times like this, I love owning a 4 door. :mrgreen:

My Z34 driver's handle was pretty bad too. What I would do is put my thumb above the handle and press against the door using my fingers to open the handle. It give you a couple extra degrees of rotation on the handle, and might be enough to open the door. It never steered me wrong.

Dukes of hazard style

My old blazer is like that - you have to open the power window (stopped working) in the back to open the tailgate. both door linkages are rusted in place. I managed to unroll the window thru the triangle vent window, so we were climbing in and out of the windows - then my buddy was halfway in the window and the door swung open and he slipped and broke off the lock and was hanging as the door swung open - it was pretty funny.

I had to steal its transmission for my '90 its almost back together

Times like this, I love owning a 4 door. :mrgreen:

:werd: If it happened to me I'd just use the remote keyless/alarm to disarm/unlock and then use another door handle.

Sorry to hear about your shitty luck with your coupes though. :(

Get a wedge, shove it in the top of the door, and then get something long and curved and pull the inside handle. Or is the lock cylinder fucked?

It's the handle that is fucked, but anyways. I got a coat hanger and it got it down to the door handle but I couldn't get it to curve into the car and get the handle. Plus it's snowing so I said fuck it. My friend is coming over, I think I'm going to try the drilling the handle out idea first.

lol!!! what are u gonna do? Bust out a window?

No, I think I'm going to fuck your mom, have a cigarette, and then reconvein tommorow on it. :lol:

:lol: Prospeeder! you just got served with non-door opening rage. HAHAHA it's not a big deal really but it angers people quite a bit. It's like a video game.

lol!!! what are u gonna do? Bust out a window?

No, I think I'm going to fuck your mom, have a cigarette, and then reconvein tommorow on it. :lol:

:smilielol: now THAT was fuckin hillarious...sorry about your doors, that sucks man... :lol:

if you dont have power windows or maby if you do you can try to stick things in there and push it down enough to get your arm inside, and unlock it/ open it from there.

All Z34's had power windows.

You will have to cut one of them out with a cut off blade on a dremel

Lucky you didn't seen my conv, the previous owner choose to leave the roof down to get in rain, snow, sleet, or shine (no wonder it needs a total interior)

Meanwhile:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2600

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/DoorHandleExterior/Chevrolet/Lumina/PLP1090048/37738

They have other door handles too and they claim them to be reinforced

good luck!

if you dont have power windows or maby if you do you can try to stick things in there and push it down enough to get your arm inside, and unlock it/ open it from there.

All Z34's had power windows.

not true. power windows and locks were an option even on the z34.