So, which rotor is warpped

gp90se

Its more than likely one of the back ones, especially with these super good brakes on these cars :roll: my pedal pulsates and my back rotors have a blueing to them, i think i should fix it.

Sorry to hijack

93RegalGS has the right idea. To break it down further, if a FRONT rotor is warped, then let go of the steering wheel (or better yet, loosly hold it) and see which way the steering wheel goes. It will bobble back and forth, but if it starts moving to the right, it's probably the right front rotor thats warped.

Too bad my digicam's vid function has such a sucky frame rate, otherwise I could makbe show you what I'm talking about. :roll:

The correct answer is actually that none of them are warped

You have a case of High Runout/DTV in one of your rotors. Determine whether its the front or rear, visually inspect the rotors, and if you can't see something obvious, replace both rotors (pre-'95 1st gen w-rotors cost $18.88/piece) and grease the slide pins while you are at it.

Both of the front ones on my car actually had craters in them...but the wheel would barely shake even though the pedal was a foot massager

visually all 4 rotors look fine, slight grooves in the rear but not bad at at all. my front drivers side started squeeling today, but theres no vibrating while braking thru the steering wheel, so I think the car is due for a full brake job :roll: I'll worry about it in the spring since my blazer is ready for new england weather.

another thing to check is the torque of your wheel lugnuts. Make sure that they are tightened in a star pattern to 100 ft/lbs. I never beleived that this made a difference, as i always just torqued them down really tight. Until i tried it on my regal. What a difference! The pedal is much smoother than it has ever been.

I have all kinds of brake issues, so fuck it. next spring, all new pads and rotors.

I can smell brake pad from the front drivers side tire, the rear rotors and scratched bad and I am really beating on the brakes.

when I do go to do them, I will be doing a write up on upgrading :mrgreen: