Sony Amps

rshissler

Sound quality- horrible.

Quality of build- horrible (when customers ask, I tell them there called Xplode for a reason, heard many stories of them shorting out and catching fire, or just going junk after a short while)

Personal recommendation- You can pick up a decent Kenwood amp for the same price.

Sound quality- horrible.

Quality of build- horrible (when customers ask, I tell them there called Xplode for a reason, heard many stories of them shorting out and catching fire, or just going junk after a short while)

Personal recommendation- You can pick up a decent Kenwood amp for the same price.

That's like saying "don't buy Kraco, buy Pyramid." :lol:

There is only a few amps that suck as bad as Ken wood, but the Sony mobile ES 4 channel 35 x 4 has some stout circuitry and some nice protection built in. I tested it, very high SQ and stable under variable ohm loads. In fact it is stable to 1 Ohm without getting hot. Class D. Runs a $15 10 inch sub and makes it sound like a 15. At the same time runs all 4 cabin speakers clean, no distortion. Switches HP/LP on fr, rear with a freq. dial and gain. Shall I go on?

Sound quality- horrible.

That's like saying "don't buy Kraco, buy Pyramid." :lol:

There is only a few amps that suck as bad as Ken wood, but the Sony mobile ES 4 channel 35 x 4 has some stout circuitry and some nice protection built in. I tested it, very high SQ and stable under variable ohm loads. In fact it is stable to 1 Ohm without getting hot. Class D. Runs a $15 10 inch sub and makes it sound like a 15. At the same time runs all 4 cabin speakers clean, no distortion. Switches HP/LP on fr, rear with a freq. dial and gain. Shall I go on?

Definately not saying Kenwood is a much better choice, but it seems as to what he constantly posts is crap products that are pretty much low end stuff, the Kenwood would be a much better choice than the Sony. That is my personal opinion though.

The Mobile ES stuff was good. But, as Shawn stated, they build the cheap, marketable Xplod stuff now, this of which I am assuming he is looking at.

rshissler, The DEI(directed) amp should be of decent quality.

My friend has a Sony amp (the 1100watt tpeak one I know it is a discontinued model)...anyway, he powers his 12" Pioner sub with it....for what he paid for the set up it was pretty decent...the amp still works good...the bass isn't as accurate as I personally would like...but hey it's his car not mine...

good luck on your decision man!

I hate my Kenwood 800 "watt max" amp. It really brings out the doo doo-ey sound of my pair of fosgate 10's. Of course I had to save those components for my Ford. Would not want to ruin a GM with garbage. and they are hooked up with the same stout wiring and clean grounds as all my cars do. special built HO alt. and charge wire. But the amp clipps and cuts out when you turn it up. and the RFs pop. :roll:

They are installed in an awesome huge MDF box.