MP3's off Laptop Hooked to HU!? is it possible!?

terryk2003

just wondering if there is a way i could hook my laptop up to my alpine HU so i can play MP3's off my computer in my car!?...seems like someone on here has done it before (cryptnix i think)...

Yep, you can. Pick up the Aux. cable(like Disco said, it will convert from CD Changer to Red/White Aux. Inputs). You can then pick up a RCA to Mini Headphone cable to plug into the speaker/headphone output of your Laptop, and your on your way.

ok, this has my attention! I have a pioneer premier with cd changer option. I didnt see the adapter mentioned but I guess I wasn't looking in the right spot.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5294996&type=product&id=1115366647513

Anyone with a Pioneer with a CD-Changer input, that's your Aux cable. I had it for awhile, until I put a stock HU back in.

I did it until I gave my cable to my fiance for her computer and stereo cause her computer speaker sucked for watching movies. I still want to build a place for my laptop in the cutty and get another cable.

I know a guy who built his own mp3 player for his car lol....basically he made this thing a long long time ago. It is pretty much a computer case, he made his own OS to run the thing...he has a numerical keypad in his center console....best part is his ethernet jack is above the gas cap (pretty safe hey??) lol...

Anyway, he was running an inverter to power this thing....you could put a ton of songs depending on what size of hard drive you install lol.....if anyone wants the link that ask here.....personally I think you'd like the laptop better, but this thing was just sorta cool