AC Delco cleaning/detailing products ROCK!

THe_DeTAiL3R

As some of you may know I am a detailer at a GM dealership. I just recently started but I've been using more and more of the AC Delco brand cleaning products that we have. They all work great!

AC Delco "Spray Clean" good for multipurpose use. Strong enough for the exterior but gentle enough to use on plastics on the interior.

Glass cleaner- works hell of alot better than Windex!

Bug & Tar remover- takes off all the sticky stuff nicely

Detailing shine stuff- I had a brand new car with black paint that had some swirl marks in it. I used some polishing compound but it still looked "dull" after. So I sprayed this stuff on and it looked nice and deep and shiney!

Theres still lots of other AC Delco products I still haven't used yet (such as the Jet wax) but I would recommend these to anyone looking at good but not overly expensive products.

:thumbsup:

Are the AC Delco brand of cleaners/waxs available at other stores besides the dealership??? Because I know the dealership here rapes up the ass for anything in the parts department (where the cleaing stuff is located in our dealership)

any stuff for taking off pinstripes :D

i want them GONE!

3M Wax and Adhesive remover works great for getting the sticky residue off of the paint after you strip off the stripe (it works great for getting rid of that black emblem tape when you de-badge also.)

C-Bad: Does the bug/tar remover work well on months-old tree sap?

I would probalby try the Bug/Tar remover on the pinstripes. It works great at removing badges... I'm not sure about "months old" sap. lol.

I'm not sure if they are available at places other than dealership. Maybe NAPA carrys some stuff possibly? But even at dealer prices I think the stuff is worth the money...

I started scraping the stripe off of my Regal using my fingernail (that's why I only have it stripped from the 2 front fenders right now :lol: .) I'm going to attempt using a hairdryer to heat it, and scraping it off with an old credit card...

I've actually started removing the pinstripe from the cutlass with a razor :lol:

It's getting painted this winter, I don't give a fuck what it looks like now. I actually haven't scratched the paint once!

Is that bug and tar remover stuff orange?

The Avis I work for is owned by a Chevy Dealership, so that's where we go to wash our cars. They have this orange stuff in a spray bottle that we spray on heavily bugged cars before we take them through the car wash, comes out clean every time.

The glass cleaner is great too. Actually, any glass cleaner that is in aerosol form usually works great.

i want them GONE!

Easy-Off Oven cleaner works on painted on stripes without anything happening to the paint, if i hadn't seen this done with my own eyes i wouldn't have believed it but this really works.

i want them GONE!

Easy-Off Oven cleaner works on painted on stripes without anything happening to the paint, if i hadn't seen this done with my own eyes i wouldn't have believed it but this really works.

I didn't use Easy-Off, I used Engine Brite, but the effect was the same, it came off very easily, and I made sure it was off as soon as it did it's job.

i want them GONE!

I didn't use Easy-Off, I used Engine Brite, but the effect was the same, it came off very easily, and I made sure it was off as soon as it did it's job.

but they're not painted on, they are stick-on that are just being real PITA's to get off.

:(