How much is a GM OE STB Worth? better than aftermarket?

radman3120

Buy RSM STB or Find OE Discontinued STB  

1. 1. Buy RSM STB or Find OE Discontinued STB

• RSM
    • OE
    • I have a better/less expensive idea and will post or pm you

I'm looking around for strut tower braces and I am wondering how much I should pay for an OEM Front STB. I've heard that RSMs are ok, too? They run for $100. Which part is better? I've heard that you have to drill holes in the OEM STB to fit on a 93 Z34 but that this makes it easier to remove to service spark plugs and stuff anyway while the RSM is more of a pain to get off and put back on.

Let me know your opinions, if what I've heard is correct or not, and how much u think I should pay - Thanks

RSMs from what are I hear are a ridiculasly large amount of cash for what they are.

The cheapest route is to go to the dealer and order a '97+ Regal bar, but you'll either have to drill holes in your current strut tower plates (easy enough but looks like crap) or get a pair of ZZP (?) mount plates which just bolt down over the existing plates and the bar attaches to that.

You could also look for a factory Cutlass convertible STB in a junkyard. People have paid a good amount of money for these on eBay, but you may luck out and pick one up for 20 bucks at a yard. Just make sure (because you have the DOHC) that you don't get one of the older, tubular style bars. They don't clear the motor. Later Cutlass's have a square-bar style STB that's made to clear it, so look for that. It's a direct bolt up that replaces your strut tower plates with a set that has the bar welded between them.

Would a 3.4 convertible STB clear my clutch cylender?

That's a good question because mine is a 5-speed, too.

So does anyone know off hand how much a 97+ Regal one is from the dealership? I am watching one off of the Cutlass Convertible, that bolts right up, on ebay right now. Would you guys pay $100 for it?

ZZP sells brackets for the GM bar that will get it to fit on our cars. just tell them what year Wbody you have and they will send you the right bracket. i didnt find out until after i orderd mine, but i just drilled the brackets and got my GM bar on anyway

digitaloutsider hey is that your car? engine looks nice. just wondering why do you have an open vacume line on you TB? and old plug wires in the back?