How cold till wax will not dry???

1990lumina

I NEED to wax my car before the snow flies up here, and the days are numbered until it won't warm up much past 0*C or 32F.

Question is, how cold can it be until wax will not dry after being applied to the paint??? I've had a bad experience with wax that wouldn't dry and never want to repeat that again.

Anyone know off hand?? I tihkn it is gonna be +8*C here tomrrow, and since I have no school I thought perfect oppurtunity to get the waxing done, however if it won't dry I won't wax the car lol.

Thanks

- Jeff L.

ive heard like dont do it below like 50-55 degrees or so...

which im still hoping to see at least 1 more 60 degree day just so i can wax my car!!! im starting to freak out about it lol

slackers you all should have waxed your cars the same time i started to winterize my cars :lol: I have heard that you want to wax cars in roughly 60-80*

ppsshh this will be the 4th time ive waxed my car this year....so whos slackin

K, so as long as it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll wax it.....better to have some dryed wax on the paint then nothing at all.....I'm planning to use Meguiar's Gold Class....however I dunno. Teflon will probably last the longest through winter

I find that Teflon comes off really easy after you apply it (Simonez brand anyways). I waxed earlier in the summer but after taking it thought the shitty car wash at work it REALLY needs to be done again. :? . I got a new bottle of Dupont Teflon wax I wanna try out (it was cheap too got it at Canadian Tire).

I waxed mine in the garage both times, so I can't help you there. However, the weather is supposed to get up to 14 on monday, and 17 on tuesday. So that would be better than 8 degrees. BTW, I'm not a weather man, I just heard it on the radio, they could be wrong.

slackers you all should have waxed your cars the same time i started to winterize my cars :lol: I have heard that you want to wax cars in roughly 60-80*

Why the fuck would i waste wax on a car that doesn't even have paint? :?

Why the fuck would i waste wax on a car that doesn't even have paint? :?

car w/ no paint = no point in waxing :lol: unless you like shiny primer?

soon my hood will be in the same boat if I dont get that fixed. damn GM primer.. wasnt all GM tho but you get the idea

Well, wax WILL dry at +5*C...my pictures in the rides section is proof. About waing the car in the garage - garage is not insulated, has poor lighting, and doesn't have barely enough room to walk around the cars let alone wax one....however hopefully that will change soon.

In winter, my garage is often colder inside then the ambient temperature outside :shock: