GP tail light idea

THe_DeTAiL3R

Guest Anonymous

Not to totally hijack the thread, but i would love to make the amber miniquads (center turn signals) in the front white/clear. I'm not sure if its a lense or a bulb, but i think it would look much better and cleaner.

It's the bulb, but you'll find even if you put clear bulbs in there they wil give off a more amber glow than your headlights. Maybe a light blue tinted bulb would give a white light, not sure.

They do if they're on the corners. Speaking of corners, miniquad GPs don't HAVE corner signal lights! Wonder if that's a design mistake or if it really matters...

They do if they're on the corners. Speaking of corners, miniquad GPs don't HAVE corner signal lights! Wonder if that's a design mistake or if it really matters...

They dont? What's the amber thing on the side of your bumper then...or does it not light up?

That's why they have amber blinkers on the bumper.

On GP's with corner lights, that part is just a reflector with no bulb.

• 1 month later...

I HATE white too.

I actually don't care too much for the bright yellow either..... Instead what i do is I put an amber bulb beneath the amber reflector (91 and 92 Lumina, + 91, 94 and 95 CS so far) making the light glow orange! I have heard of but have not tried to get "lens tint" in which case I would tint the clear forward lenses between the headlight amber with amber bulbs for the same effect! (plus these lens oxidize the same way ford headlights of old did, and look bad.

- Ken

(may I suggest an amber LED for those who want white? looks white except when lit!)

Guess I better check mine.. I thought those things on the side were just reflectors!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/dave64bit/my%20shiney%2095%20GP/dark.jpg

yours must be burnt out. My sig kinda shows one lit up.

When I went to replace mine, BOTH fuckin' housings were so brittle, and the bulb had melted its harness, so the whole thing just snapped and broke. I duct taped them back in :?

Guess I better check mine.. I thought those things on the side were just reflectors!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/dave64bit/my%20shiney%2095%20GP/dark.jpg

yours must be burnt out. My sig kinda shows one lit up.

When I went to replace mine, BOTH fuckin' housings were so brittle, and the bulb had melted its harness, so the whole thing just snapped and broke. I duct taped them back in :?

Yeah, I realized the passenger side one DOES work :oops: I still need to get around changing the driver's side.

• 1 year later...
I do really like how on newer VW's and Audi's, the turn signals in the rear look red, but they light up amber. I wonder how they did that?

If im not mistaking, that is a red lense with amber LED (Light Emitting Diodes).

LEDs are the shiznit. You can do about anything with them, (excluding headlights).