Headlamps

93 Grand Prix

Could someone please tell me how to wire my headlights so that the low beams will stay on when I turn on the high beams? I do a lot of traveling at night and can't see nothing. Also where can I find good prices on some PIAA bulbs?

Guest Anonymous

Here's the info on it...

Works on 88-98 GM cars or trucks. Only 4 wires to hook up.

Part # 81NU1821P - This is the # out of the brand new catalog.

Part # 81UY1821P - This is the # out of the last catalog.

Both part #'s bring up the same item on their website.

Price $19.99

If anyone gets this let me know how it works. I'd like to try it on my TGP.

This would be easy to do with a simple relay and relay socket. You can get both for less than $3 from http://www.partsexpress.com.

On the bottom of the relay, the terminals will be labeled. #85 and #86 are the coil, #30 and #87 are the switch. Ground one end of the coil (#85) and connect the other end (#86) to the high-beam positive wire (LT GRN). Splice terminal #30 into the high-beam positive wire (LT GRN) and splice terminal #87 into the low-beam positive wire (TAN).

What this will do: When high-beams are ON, the relay coil will energize, connecting terminals #30 and #87 together, therefore directing power going to the high beams to the low beams as well.

I have not done this, but in theory it should work perfectly.

Assuming the low-beams are normal 45W bulbs, this will consume 7.5A more current.

Hmmm...my low beams stay on with the highs and I've never touched them. I did, however, wire the fogs to stay on with the highs/lows. That way I have all 6 light on at night. Talk about bright! Of course the 80 watt low and 100 watt high bulbs make a huge difference.

Adam

• 5 years later...