OEM Mufflers Dual Exhaust? UPDATED

CutlassSL91

Today I ordered the OEM dual exhaust connecting pipe for my cutlass today for $150 online. My question now, would the cheaper OEM mufflers also featured (manufactured by walker) give me a nice sound, or will it sound just like the regular single pipe. I want a nice deep rumble without spending a ton and having it be super loud. I was thinking of magnaflow before but $$$$

The Walker mufflers I got for my GP the one had a pipe that connects to the other muffler. I got them from Dave (Invasion1) I think he was gonna use on his Cutlass :shrug:

They are quiet mufflers. I didn't have money for Magnaflows, and didn't want shitty sound from Flowmaster or other cheaper brand.

ebay seems to have them pretty cheap. I got my carsound on there for $45 brand new. Is there a particular style/type of magnaflow to get? Should I get 1 walker and 1 mag or boths magnaflow? I don't need it super loud, but i want it to sound good.

look on magnaflow's website and other places for the tips. not sure where to find them exactly. dynomax turbos will be quiet and arent very good. i would go with magnaflow, but that's what i like.

for my exhaust i just had two little turbo mufflers put on. they sound great. i think there's a clip on my car domain page if you wanna hear. and GP tips look horrible.

for my exhaust i just had two little turbo mufflers put on. they sound great. i think there's a clip on my car domain page if you wanna hear. and GP tips look horrible.

What's your Cardomain address?

The Walker mufflers I got for my GP the one had a pipe that connects to the other muffler. I got them from Dave (Invasion1) I think he was gonna use on his Cutlass :shrug:

They are quiet mufflers. I didn't have money for Magnaflows, and didn't want shitty sound from Flowmaster or other cheaper brand.

yup, because my Flowmasters sound shitty :roll:

http://home.comcast.net/~jmlumpkin/93CutlassSupremeFlowmaster40Exhaust.wmv

yup, because my Flowmasters sound shitty :roll:

http://home.comcast.net/~jmlumpkin/93CutlassSupremeFlowmaster40Exhaust.wmv

Please let's not get into this discussion again!

I haven't heard Magnaflows on a 3.1. But I've always felt Flowmaster sounded the best, and i plan on throwing one on the cutty when i get done with it.

looks like the link for my sound clip expired. i'd record another but i won't have the car for a long time. it sounded good anyway. not like a ricer. a nice rumble between 1000-2000 rpm and a perfect hum at 1600.

I like the Dynamox Ultra-Flo SS. Its a straight through muffler and theres a very nice deep tone to it. I will record a clip when I get a hold of my friend and figure out how to upload it (Sorry for a little hijack here, but anyone know how too?)

sounds like a 3.1! i think a 3.1 will sound like that with a 300 dollar muffler on it, or an old busted ass rusty celebrity hits a pot hole and the muffler falls off!

I got 2.5 inch mandrell, gutted cat, and a 40 flowmaster, and my brother has 3 feet of flexpipe and a *Chrome* tip inplace of the muffler, and they sound exactly alike!

The only one ive heard thats slightly different was a guy who had some crazy long glass pack under hiscar. from the cat, clear back to where it has to curve under the suspention was ALL 2.5 inch glasspack, something like 42 inches or ...it was mellow, with no rasp and all growl, one of the best sounding engines ive ever heard!

i recommend dynomax..anybody that's heard my car i think will agree...it sounds very nice...

its not rediculously loud...but it does have some rasp to it..but only after startup

Ive got dynomax super turbo...my cardomain has pics, but no sound clip