• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SigEpCutlass

• 19Cutlass94

• cutty

• boulevard

i'd rather not have to change brackets...i think i'm gonna end up buying them from RSM then.

well since you have a 94 you might have the older sytle brackets, sicne mine is a 95 it had the newer style brackets so thats why i had to change them.

gotcha. well damn I can't even remember the last time I even looked at my car domain page. Maybe i should update that at some point...haha :lol:

Once you get the FFP mounts you will not be disappointed. I mean the what $130 or $150 that they cost, that money you have will not last forever. More than likely youll spend it on something. Its not like your gonna go poor in the future cuz your spend $150.

So I'm assuming that cutty's right since you have the FFP mounts for the 3.1? Did you have to do anything to the brackets or was it "plug and play"?

So I'm assuming that cutty's right since you have the FFP mounts for the 3.1? Did you have to do anything to the brackets or was it "plug and play"?

i believe his is also "plug and play" since its a 94, i think only 95 and up had the newer style dogbone brackets.

i believe his is also "plug and play" since its a 94, i think only 95 and up had the newer style dogbone brackets.

k cool I'm just trying to make sure. I'll probably order them tonight or tomorrow. Thx.

yeah to convert the mounts from the newer to the older (brackets) its a matter of 4 bolts for each, so 8 bolts total. Mine was a "plug and play" But I do believe you can pick up those brackets at either like a napa for like 20 bucks (I think dont quote me on that) or go to a j/y. But thats what FFP says to do for 95+ style for 3.1/3100 is to get the older brackets to use those mounts.

Just make sure you do one side at a time.

Q: Will the 3.1 W-body dog bones fit my 3100 W-body?

A: Yes and No. Some late model '93s and early model '94s with the 3100 SFI use the same mounts as the 3.1 MPFI. The easiest way to tell the difference is to look at the end of the dog bone above the radiator. If that end has a large square rubber bushing, then it has the newer 3100 SFI style mounts. If both ends of the dogbone have a round rubber bushing, then it's most likely a 3.1 MPFI style mount. If you have the 3100 SFI style mount and want to use the 3.1 MPFI style, you can use all the brackets and hardware from a 3.1 MPFI. You can usually find the necessary brackets and hardware at a salvage yard fairly cheap.

Why do you say that?

I've taken both off at the same time multiple times. You just gotta be strong enough to push/rock the engine back.

Why do you say that?

I've taken both off at the same time multiple times. You just gotta be strong enough to push/rock the engine back.

so rather then do it the easy way, you prefer to make it harder for yourself :roll:

Q: Will the 3.1 W-body dog bones fit my 3100 W-body?

A: Yes and No. Some late model '93s and early model '94s with the 3100 SFI use the same mounts as the 3.1 MPFI. The easiest way to tell the difference is to look at the end of the dog bone above the radiator. If that end has a large square rubber bushing, then it has the newer 3100 SFI style mounts. If both ends of the dogbone have a round rubber bushing, then it's most likely a 3.1 MPFI style mount. If you have the 3100 SFI style mount and want to use the 3.1 MPFI style, you can use all the brackets and hardware from a 3.1 MPFI. You can usually find the necessary brackets and hardware at a salvage yard fairly cheap.

thats is a very good way of putting it :thumbsup:

Why do you say that?

so rather then do it the easy way, you prefer to make it harder for yourself :roll:

All it takes is a small push. Not hard at all.

I am by no means he-man. I took off one dogbone at a time when putting on the FFP's and I kinda struggled to pull the engine back to get the bolt in to hook it back up. So if I took both off, I woulda been fucked cuz there was no one to help me. And that was on level ground