Trim and weather stripping

streetdreams

theres a piece of weather stripping that separates the plastic cowl from the windshield. on my car its all coming off the cowl and deforming and its just at the end of its life. is this stuff expensive? would I be better off just to rv sealant it or crazy glue it in place?

When I got the Cutlass that whole thing was fucked up. Cowl plate was rusting, and the rubber was half off. I removed it, sanded it down as best as I could, repainted it (turned out pretty good actually), and then epoxied the rubber strip back on. It lasted a good 8 months before coming off again. It's not fun to try and reattach it.

On this subject, where can you get the sealing plastic pieces that go around the other the windshield and rear window?

Try calling a local auto glass replacemant shop first. You might find some good news there first. Or you can remove the plate along the bottom of the windsheild and sand it down with some extra fine sandpaper, reglue the strip back on with some epoxy while taping it down over night. then spray the entire pieve down with some automotive semi-gloss or flat black spray paint and reinstall. Good luck buddy.