Amp Reccomendation?

rshissler

What amp is a good amp for my subs? I know i've asked before but that was about the amps i had. My subs are 12" 4-ohm subwoofer, power range: 50-250 watts RMS, peak power: 750 watts RMS For under $200

I have a Kenwood KAC-7201 that I need to sell. I upgraded to the 7251 (exact same but has remote bass control).

It's 800w max, 460w bridged@ 4 ohms, 150w? x2 4 ohms.

Has it powering my 500w RMS 12" Pioneer premier sub..

$120 +shipping

i have the same amps. they have worked well for my subs. it's supposed to put out 230x2@2ohms, so if you have 2 4-ohm speakers, it should work out well. i like to have amps that put out more power than you need and turn the gain down. i would go with 2 mono amps. how much you wanna spend. i'm not saying dont buy dave's amp, cause it would work well for you, i think.

i edited a simple grammatical error. that's the first time i've seen something that says the post has been edited. :shrug:

My Kenwood amp would blow that away. 460w RMS @ 4ohms RMS bridged. It's got more features too. I've never heard of Viper brand, and it's REFURBISHED...

Not trying to unload my amp on you, just saying that looks like a piece of crap. Get something that's a real brand name (except Sony.. lol).

(except Sony.. lol).

Hey hey hey now, I resent that. I think I have proven that sony can make "some" good stuff for the money :lol: . You may be able to find something better for under 200 bucks though.

Good luck on your search, and I am not trying to turn this into another flame sony thread.

I Give that Viper amp two :thumbsup:

Viper makes nice quality amplifiers. And I doubt you will find much better for the price range you have. Now you add an extra $100 to your budget and I might rethink my previous statement.

ok i found a local stero shop thats got a Rockford Fosgate amp but i cant remember the freakin model now and their closed for the day, but its 250 RMS and its the newer model they want $199 for it. What about that one? or should i just order that Viper? lol I found another place that has a Dual 4 ch 230 RMS amp for $147... maybe not

i have an old fosgate amp from 9 years ago that still works like new and two other ones in my camaro (a 2-channel and a 4-channel) that work great. 250 rms? is that at 4ohm x1 channel or what? sony makes very good small electronics. dont care for their audio stuff. nevermind, i'll shut up, it doesnt matter; too off topic.

CAMARO!

That says it all right there!

:lol: Just pokin fun! We all like to bring up our experiences with brands for the good of all and to learn/help make decisions. Say what you want of Sony for all I care!

I can say that I resent Sony for coming into my home town with the promise of jobs and improved economy. Ruined some of the endangered wet lands and left after the free taxes ran out. Cut jobs and left. We are embarassed about letting them come here in the first place :oops: .

nevermind, i'll shut up, it doesnt matter; too off topic.

I can say that I resent Sony for coming into my home town with the promise of jobs and improved economy. Ruined some of the endangered wet lands and left after the free taxes ran out. Cut jobs and left. We are embarassed about letting them come here in the first place .

a friend of mine is givin me a Visonik amp tomorrow that he was using to power 2 12" Visonik subs. i think he said its a 400w amp but he wasn't sure he got it new with the subs. Is this a decent amp?

a friend of mine is givin me a Visonik amp tomorrow that he was using to power 2 12" Visonik subs. i think he said its a 400w amp but he wasn't sure he got it new with the subs. Is this a decent amp?

With Visonik it really depends on which model/year it was made. I know some SPL'ers that swear by some of their largest amps. But their lower end stuff is quite suspect.