help plez :)

sonyman87

Ok, breaks work great in normal situations. but today i felt something very unusual. i was rideing the break down a hill and i went to slow down even further the break pedel about went to the floor, cursing shortly followed! every time i ride the break for more then 5 seconds down a hill the pedal gets soft and slides slowly to the floor without any more breaks applied. a few quick pumps and its fine. If i press the pedal fast its bAM breaks. i checked the fluid level and it seemed ok. i toped it off ot be sure but it didnt help anything.

any ideas?

break roters are due for a change or turning. pads seem ok.

i was thinking air in the lines but it dosnt make sense that it only dose it down when i ride the break.. air in the lines would cause it to happen all the time. wouldnt it?

Your car just started doing that?!?!? Hell that's nothing new for me.....anyway I'm sure you don't want any smart ass remarks....so did this just start happening? Have you done anything to the brakes in the last little while that would have gotten air into the system?

well i drove it to work and it was fine left work and it started out of the blue.

i havent messed with anything since i got my tires put on, i swear the guy who put them on messed something up though b/c i heard a tick noise with every wheel revolution like a rock was stuck in the rim. It stoped a few weeks after i got it up on. that was last month. something else is kinda weird. i think its b/c myrotors need replaced but sometimes when i go in reverse after being parked the front breaks make a really annoying rub sound. it stops as soon as i go forward or apply the breaks hard enough.

rub sounds = breakpad and rotor scratch fingernail on chalk-board style

do you think the guy over tigthened the lugs when he installed your new tires??? That might account for warped rotors. I dunno...that shouldn't have anything to do with the pedal going to the floor after applying the brakes for 5 seconds or more...??

Free bump,

Maybe you have some moisture in the lines that is boiling as it heats up.
I was thinking the exact thing, but would the fluid really boil after only 5 seconds? Still, it sounds to me like you need to flush out your old fluid, or at the very least, bleed the system. It's likely you've got air trapped in there somewhere.

ok i pulled the wheel and took a look at the rotors and pads. omfg i cant believe i still have breaks. the rotors are cracked and the pads are on the screachers but they arnt screaching b/c the rotors are warped in the place where they should be screaching.. sooo i know what im doing this weekend.