Water spots

sl3196

i always use absorbers, even though white towels are better for your car. i've used it so many times and it works great. soaks up way more water than leather or chomois or other drying rags i've used. i usually hit it with the water blade first and then go over it with the absorber. absorbers are supposed to be kept wet

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• 19Cutlass94

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• sl3196

yeah i try to dry it off as best i can...best way to prevent rust from forming

the waterblade takes off 95% of the water on the big areas...hood, roof, trunk, windows, etc its alot easier and it saves towel's.....

yeah thats the thing though, thats everything, dorr jams, inside trunk, under hood, all the spots I can possibly get with a chamois. But every once and a while it does see car shows soo....

But Ill have to pull up an article I found about this kinda stuff. See if I can find it :lol:

haha well thats one way to do it.

I washed my car friday night, spend about 3 hours on it, today I spend about another 3, and I still need to get the rest of the interior, and a little more under the hood, and vaccum the trunk. :lol:

All this is getting ready for the show next weekend

Everything told on here are good idears. IMO. all is true especially the Meguires Quik Clay Detailing system. Makes paint smooth as glass! All you need to do is wash the car and rub your hand on the paint when it is wet and you will feel anywhere that it is not smooth, spray it with the mist provided and rub with a little piece of clay.

works on glass too just as good as steel wool to get off overspray.

The best thing about the clay though is the fact that it cant harm your paint unlike anything else you rub on your paint. because it isn't bathtowel or microfiber that scratches your paint, it is contaminants that scratch it.

The clay absorbs and hold abrasive micro contaminates unlike polishing compounds.

• 7 months later...
Gearhead43(dave) uses compressed air to dry his car....damn thats gotta work great, but expensive

are you sure he doesn't use an air compressor? :shurg:

:lol: little cans of that stuff for computers.. :lol:

right Smart ass... :lol: I use compressed air from an 5 Gal Air compressor... Still do .. But If its windy or very hot outside I'll just use the shammy! :cool:

Okay this is what I do to get cars COMPLETLY DRY, which I often have to do if I'm gonna paint seal them..

1. Use a waterblade over the entire car... or if it has fresh paint just use it on the windows. This really removes water faster than a chamois.

2. Use a chamois quickly over the car to get what the waterblade didn't get.

3. Use a DIRTY chamois in the door jams, trunklid, and hood (usually I just do the front of it cause the rest it goes away on it's own). Dirty because often there will be tar/undercoating in those areas.

4. Compressed air to blow out all remaining water that hides in mouldings, mirrors, rubber/weatherstripping around the rest of the car.

5. Use a chamois one last time to get any water off from the compressed air...

Or if it's a nice sunny warm day I'll just waterblade it and put it outside with the doors/trunk/hood open for an hour or 2 so nature car dry it. :lol:

wow i cannot belive people use things other than microfiber on your car. ARE YOU INSANE?

BTW you can get 24 microfiber towesla t COSTCO for like 12 bucks.

Microfiber is the way to go...it takes me 3 towels to dry my whole car. There great for everything. You can literally get them wet and clean anything. If anyone disagress with me I would like to see some 10 yr. old black paint that has more shine than mine. See Kennsington pics if your curious.

Yeah.. chamois scratches paint :rolleyes: Leave waterspots? maybe....

Microfibre cloth AFTER chamois should be perfectly fine to get everything off without damaging the paint.

I don't care how shiney your car is, drying is only part of it...

Microfibre cloth AFTER chamois should be perfectly fine to get everything off without damaging the paint.

:werd:

Though I don't really care about my paint...it came full of scratches, so it can stay that way for all I care. Hell I used to use shop towels to dry my car....

im talking about the other uses for microfiber like polishing, buffing, and interior cleaning.

hence the "they're great for everything"

dont skim

everytime Im done washing my car, I go over it with mothers Showtime. Works great. Leaves no water spots nothing.

Chamois dont scratch the paint. The cheap ones, well yes its possible. Thats why when you shove out 50bucks for a new pure sheep skin ( since I believe thats what it is ) then no it doesnt scratch the paint.

I duno how old this thread is I didnt go on page 3 :lol:

My routine at work is Waterblade > Chamois > Spraywax, that's if I'm delivering a sold car. Otherwise it's just the first two.

Those waterblades really are great. Storebought chamoises suck ass. I don't know where the good ones come from.

Water blades work great, but they DO scratch the paint to a certain extent. As far as the chamois, like Jay said...the cheap ass ones scratch but otherwise they are nice.