• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• 19Cutlass94

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• sl3196

i use bath towels on my paint and it shines quite well for 11 years old and 115,000 miles(see sig) :D

yeah use some quik detailer stuff that'll take it off, or try some bug/tar remover? that takes off alot of stuff

Unless you make sure your microfiber towels are ABSOLUTELY pristinely clean before it touches your paint, you're doing worse than any bath towel could. Remember, microfiber is designed to trap and hold dust/dirt.

Claybar the car. Use a cleaner wax (mothers make a pretty good one) then find another coat to put over it. I've been doing my Prix this way: Clay Bar, Mothers Cleaner Wax, Meg's Gold Class. Car looks GREAT and no spots (as of yet)

My Cutlass had those "water spots" that never came out...EVER. Could never really get them to go away...but that paint was pretty much shot when I got the car...

Next question...does your place have hard water?

Yeah we do have hard water. I'm thinking the shitty ass water from the mine got on the paint at work. Cause where I wash the work truck the car gets sprayed too. And this water aint real clean lol.

If all else fails, buy a blower to blow the water off lol. I know this sounds dumb as hell, but I bought one of these (it was half off cheap ass thing) and it wroks AWESOME! Blows all the water off the paint painlessly and easily. It's like a mini leaf blower almost.

And yeah, hard water spots will "usually" come off with some quick detailer.

Terry cloth all the way :D!

Gearhead43(dave) uses compressed air to dry his car....damn thats gotta work great, but expensive

are you sure he doesn't use an air compressor? :shurg:

:lol: little cans of that stuff for computers.. :lol:

haha youd be there for a couple days with those cans! :lol:

Usually when I dry my car, I use a chamois (sp?) then once thats done, I go over the whole car with mothers showtime and a terry cloth, like a bath towel and it comes out really nice. Of course the towels have to be very clean, but most of the time I just pick up brand new ones to use.

i bought a chamois...called "The Absorber" and it worked great once...then it never got dry and it didnt dry as well as a towel

there goes 10 bucks out the window,

i like my california water blade