GP Hood vents on other cars...

Stevo

Guest Anonymous

Yes, some high end Jeeps and/or Cherokees got nearly identical hood vents to the 94-6 style. Yes, you can add them. Its simply a matter of cutting precise openings in your hood and correctly attaching the vents.

250640_3_full.jpg

The stock hood louvers on a Grand Cherokee. These were only offered on a 98 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.9 liter engine. I worked with a guy who had a grey one of these. I was always amazed how Dodge almost completely copies the design of the 94-96 GTP hood louvers. Dunno if you can make them heat extractors or not like the Z-34 or GTP louvers.

The stock hood louvers on a Grand Cherokee. These were only offered on a 98 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.9 liter engine. I worked with a guy who had a grey one of these. I was always amazed how Dodge almost completely copies the design of the 94-96 GTP hood louvers. Dunno if you can make them heat extractors or not like the Z-34 or GTP louvers.

Are one of those louvers in that picture turned backwards(the one on the left looks like it's turned to take air into the hood while the one on the right appears to be turned the opposite way)?

Guest Anonymous

Not to stray from topic, but cherokees also received an info center that was pretty similar to the 91-3 Grand prix one.

But the concensus is yes, it can be done with the vents.

Are one of those louvers in that picture turned backwards(the one on the left looks like it's turned to take air into the hood while the one on the right appears to be turned the opposite way)?

ur right,t hats strange

ur right,t hats strange

Only thing I can think of is that the airbox/filter is located under that left side vent so they have it turned to pull air in instead of extract the air from the engine bay. I suppose they could have removed and reinstalled them without paying much attention to how they were turned as well though... :)

I think stevezasycho is saying that these would look better than the Z34 ones, not the other way around. I'm not sure if any would look good on a cutty sedan, because it just doesn't have as aggresive looking headlights, and they might look out of place.

Guest Anonymous

I don't think that the cherokee's hood vents are inverted. If you look closely at the picture, it just looks like a lighting glitch. I saw one once, and i think i would have picked up on the inversion as I was studying the vents very closely.

Bump-dizzle; Okay, I laid my Z34 vents on my hood tosee how they look.. Im not sure whether I like it or not.. I think I would need a set of GTP/TGP vents to test out here.. Here they are:

vent%20test2.jpg

venttest1.jpg

Lets hear what yall think.. 8)

Saw something interesting today..

that link that was posted earlier, with the GP-style vents on Grand Cherokees?

I saw one for the first time today.

Just thought it was weird because I had just read the topic a few days ago and suddenly I see the my first one ever..

I didn't really thing they looked that good.. too small, and not very well placed.