creeking noise from roof ??

THe_DeTAiL3R

First time I heard it was when I was slowly going over some bumpy gravel road. Now it does it like all the time it seems. It's like a creeking noise that sounds like its directly above you. Not sure if it sounds like plastic or metal (or both??). I don't *think* it really sounds like rear struts, any ideas?

FWIW, my old GP made a "cracking" sound around the rear window whenever I went over a bump. Not sure if it was the same thing causing it or not, but I thought I'd mention it.

Maybe pull the headliner down and see if the roof's crossbraces are still welded together :shrug:...

Maybe pull the headliner down and see if the roof's crossbraces are still welded together :shrug:...

Yeah I'm thinking that might be a possibility. It's not really a cracking sound more like a creeking (like a door in a scarey movie or something).

My 4 door CS does that too, every now and then, and it sounds like it's above my head, but it's not. For me all I gotta do is press the drivers window button down, to lower the window just like .5 cm, and the noise stops. Maybe it's not ever the same noise, but does yours do it when the windows are down?

It's summer silly! :lol:

Yeah it does it with the windows down, and pretty sure when they're up too (although not 100% cause I always have them open). I'll try with the windows UP tomorrow and see..

If you have the high mount brake lamp in your back window, check to make sure that stupid cover isn't rattling on the rear window.

But yeah, guess you should drop your headliner down to make sure nothing is structally wrong. If it was me however, I'd just turn the music up louder ;)

are you POSITIVE its the roof?...i know i got this sweet creeking noise in the left front of my cutlass...i think its the strut or ball joint :bash: ..but, it does it when i slow down and take off...and on gravel/rough roads...its pretty annoying!

If it was me however, I'd just turn the music up louder ;)

:lol: That's basically what I do. I've got a rattling in the rear of my car that's been there for a while now (months and months) so I just turn up the music and make it so I can't hear it. :oops:

Hey dude, it was an idea, yea it's summer, but my windows are usually up anyways, I guess it depends on what you're used to. If it's too hot I use AC..

I know ;)

My A/C doesn't work though. :x