Interior Shine/Dash Cleaner

runt

I'm looking for an Armor All Substitute. I don't like that crap anymore...lol

WHat do you guys use? Anymore all Armor All does is make a bigger mess after a day or two. Any dust/dirt will stick to the dash making it crappier.

Thanks.

Meguires Vinyl Protectant.

I actually wish they had something the opposite of shine, but that hides scratches and imperfections just as well and gives everything a soft matte finish. The shine just makes cheap plastic look cheaper, IMO.

Meguires Vinyl Protectant.

I actually wish they had something the opposite of shine, but that hides scratches and imperfections just as well and gives everything a soft matte finish. The shine just makes cheap plastic look cheaper, IMO.

:werd:

I hate using those protectants. They all seem to shine the dash to a certain extent which sometimes reflects on the windshield in the sun and makes it hard to see.

Plus it greases up the dash (Armor All does at least) even though most products say they don't grease, they do lol.

Mother's and Meg's would be a better product then Armor All IMHO.

from the professional detailers i've talked to....Armor All(after a period of time) can warp/crack your dash, or whatever you put it on thats in direct sunlight

so thats why i have no more armor all in my possession

I use Meguiars Natural Shine....looks kickass without that greasy crap residue that the high gloss shiner's stuff leaves

i used the mequiar's stuff and it works well as does the dupont teflon stuff which i am using now. i usually just use the dash duster for quick touch-up. as it was said, you just dont want to use anything like armor-all that's oil-based or it will crack your shit eventually, especially not on tires. if it's really slippery and oily on your fingers, it's probably not good.

I used to use that aromor all but then I heard it cracked the dash and stuff so I stopped using it. My dash is a mess right now cuz Im still looking for something good to use. But that stuff cleaned good, but then in a couple days youd have to clean it again, might try mothers or megs now, as soon as I can find em somwhere

I just wipe my dash off with a terry cloth towel. The only thing that's ever on the dash is dust so the towel works great. I don't need it to be all shiny or anything.

I'm the same as you, my dash is to far gone anyway so I don't care

I've used Armor All, Meguire's and Aerospace 303. I like the Aerospace 303 A LOT. Not too shiny or greasy, lasts a LONG time. It is more expensive than the others but I think it is worth it. I only apply it twice a year on the black interior of my Corvette and the interior looks great! Always looks freshly detailed.

I started using Armorall on my fathers 1972 LeMans and my 1975 Chevy truck in 1975. Both vehicles stayed in a garage out of the sun most of the time until 1985. Stopped using Armorall in 1985 because the LeMans dash was hard as a rock and the truck dash had cracks around the speaker holes. One year later the LeMans dash cracked badly in several places.

I purchased a 1970 Cutlass in 1980 and the owner told me he had never used any thing but a damp rag on the dash and it looked like new. I never used any thing on the Cutlass dash, just kept he sun off it, and the dash still looks good with no cracks.

I knew a man that had a 1977 TransAm and he would spray the whole dash down with Armorall several times a year. By 1987 the dash was in sad shape with corrosion on all the metal parts on the dash and cracked vinyl. The inside of the windshield had so many Armorall spots on it that it was hard to see through it at night and the plastic lenses in the dash looked strange.

If you have to use any brand of dash protector make sure to apply it with a rag and do not let it touch any thing but the vinyl.

I started using Armorall on my fathers 1972 LeMans and my 1975 Chevy truck in 1975. Both vehicles stayed in a garage out of the sun most of the time until 1985. Stopped using Armorall in 1985 because the LeMans dash was hard as a rock and the truck dash had cracks around the speaker holes. One year later the LeMans dash cracked badly in several places.

I purchased a 1970 Cutlass in 1980 and the owner told me he had never used any thing but a damp rag on the dash and it looked like new. I never used any thing on the Cutlass dash, just kept he sun off it, and the dash still looks good with no cracks.

I knew a man that had a 1977 TransAm and he would spray the whole dash down with Armorall several times a year. By 1987 the dash was in sad shape with corrosion on all the metal parts on the dash and cracked vinyl. The inside of the windshield had so many Armorall spots on it that it was hard to see through it at night and the plastic lenses in the dash looked strange.

If you have to use any brand of dash protector make sure to apply it with a rag and do not let it touch any thing but the vinyl.

:shock:

Ok I'm done with the Armor then! Don't feel like having the dash crack on the Prix!

Since I'm running low on Armorall at work I decided to water it down. LOL..

I used my mixture today on new G6 (which had the new harder matt-looking plastic) and it cleaned it nicely, without too much shine.

Of course this is just temporary until I get us something different to use. I might see if the parts department has any AC Delco products. Otherwise I might try the Turtlewax if Canadian Tire has it..

• 1 month later...
I use black magic dash stuff. Works well and doesn't shine too much like armor all.

Funny but I guess I'm the only one who likes a bit of a shine on the dash and doors. I won't touch Armorall though because it DOES dry out the dash. Especially if it is in any direct sunlight. I use a mixture of Black Magic and stuff called 2001 which has some sort of sunblocker in it. It leaves things with a bit of a "wet" look but doesn't attract dust at all. In fact, I've gone several weeks and barely noticed any. Then I just use soft rag and wipe it down, leaving it look like new again. I know that may not be for everyone but it works for me.