WINDOW HELP

J

My pass front windown sticks, it is a crank window not power. when i roll it down it'll come down like 4 inches then stick, and won't go back up or down, until i use two hands on the crank being very careful as not to break it. Anyone have any ideas? And no it's not frozen it did this last summer too. THanks Jay

I think that you will find that there is no quick fix.

After taking off the door panel you will probably

find that the belt is coming apart.

There is a COGGED belt that works the window track

from the crank. After years of torqing it up tight to seal

it the coggs will strip completly through on that portion

of the belt that is subjected to that extra tension from the

metal gear so that the there is nothing to catch,,, until

you move the window with your hands.

I felt that it would have been easiest to replace the entire

door, but just sold the hole car instead.

Guest RedCutlassSL

Jay, i'm thinking you should just replace your door, but take the glass out seeing as how you paid to get it tinted. you'll have no problem finding a new white door

it sure as hell failed in my old sunbird convert, power window motors are a bitch when you almost cut your fingers off drilling the rivets on the spring and motor. I'll tear into it this summer and see what happpens. Thanks guys

-JAY-

I must say, those are sweet rims! It'd look even more cool if you lowered your car! If I were you, I'd tear your door apart when you have the chance. I'd only replace the parts that need to be replaced. Keep your door and everything else in it.

Sounds like what my window did when it was of track, me and my dad somehow managed to fix it without even taking of the door panel. We could only get alittle of the bottom undone but it was enough to undo the little bolt and get it back on track andtighten the bolt back up.

I must say, those are sweet rims! It'd look even more cool if you lowered your car!.
I already have the rear coilovers on, just waiting for the fronts to be made and it'll get lowered. Thanks for the kind words -JAY-