Stumble between 1K 2500 rpm, rough idle.

Jeeper

thanks for the help on the DIS firing order! Now I have discovered that there is a hesitation in accelration. new plugs, wire and MAP sensor. What do you all think this could be?

Always thanks for the help! Aaron

is it giving any codes?? You might have a vacuum leak somewhere, plenum gasket is good place to look. Or, your TPS might need resetting. Is your Cat old?? There is a number of things that could cause that. But TPS would be a good place to check.

Robby

the MAP will definitely do what you were describing. Actually, if the MAP is really bad, the car will die after it hit about 175*. That is becuse, that is when the MAP starts assisting in air/fuel mixture and idle rpm. What about your IAT sensor on your airbox?? Check that too. Let me know what the codes, if any are, I have a couple more ideas, if there are no codes. Hope I can help you out

Robby

yeah, code 13 is your O2 sensor. "check wiring and connectors from O2 sensor or replace it. code 23 is MAT or IAT sensor. It says "check MAT/IAT sensor wiring and connectors for an open circuit, replace MAT/IAT. I would try the MAT/IAT first because it is easier to get to. But your prob. sounds like the O2 sensor. Its on your rear exhaust manifold, close to were it joins the front manifold on the side near the air box. I think thats going to be the prob. After a lot of miles O2 sensors go out a lot on these motors. And the MAT being messed up wont be a noticeable prob. Hope that gets ya goin, if you need anything else, give me a holla

Robby

Code 33 is the MAP sensor. Check your vacuum line going into the back of it. If that is not it, check the electrical connector to the MAP. Your last option on the MAP is to replace the entire thing. Sorry, man, its pretty easy to change though, on the back of your plenum. Hope you get it running.

Robby

The vacuum line that runs from the MAP sensor runs down and I thinkg attaches near the TB, or goes down into the intake manifold. Follow that as far as you can you may have a break in the line somewhere, or a bad connection to wherever it goes in. If its still reading Code 33, then check the connection from the MAP to the ECM. Thats about all you can do if it still says code 33. I dont know where you could get a vacuum diagram.

Robby

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the help on the DIS firing order! Now I have discovered that there is a hesitation in accelration. new plugs, wire and MAP sensor. What do you all think this could be?

Ever figure it out ?