5 spoke width

GutlessSupreme

How wide are the GP 5 spokes? 6.5"? How wide of tires can I go on those wheels? I'm hoping at least 235s. And any recommendations on tires for that matter?

How wide are the GP 5 spokes? 6.5"? How wide of tires can I go on those wheels? I'm hoping at least 235s. And any recommendations on tires for that matter?

Ive always seen 7" wide on the 94-96 5spokes. I put 235/55s on my 16x6.5s on my STE and have no problems

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Avid+V4S&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=36VR6V4S&fromCompare1=yes&place=1

Opinions?

Customer ratings look good all across the board... and ya can't beat the price. Whatever the case they'd have to be a good set of all seasons.. I can't afford a good summer set and good winter set.

I've always heard good things about Yokohama's. Ive never had any, but my buddies have and they like them. I love directional tires, so good in the rain. I figure I'd rather have directional tires for rain that happens 12 months a year than normal tires which are better on snow, for only a month or so.

How wide are the GP 5 spokes?

I've measured the '94-'96 ones before - they're 7" wide.

By the way, I have a set of brand new Yokohama AVS ES 100's that I should sell since I haven't used them yet. They're 225/55/16 though. I want to try to get around $300 OBO for them. I'm not sure what shipping would be. See them at TireRack: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVS+ES100&partnum=255WR6ES100&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=2

I've measured the '94-'96 ones before - they're 7" wide.

Cool beans. So 235 will be fine if I decide to go that big.

By the way, I have a set of brand new Yokohama AVS ES 100's that I should sell since I haven't used them yet. They're 225/55/16 though. I want to try to get around $300 OBO for them. I'm not sure what shipping would be. See them at TireRack: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVS+ES100&partnum=255WR6ES100&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=2

Personally I had really wanted to go with 235s. I won't really be in the market for a few months when I have some cashed saved up, but I'll keep you in mind when the time comes. They look like pretty aggresive tires. Let me know if you get a shipping quote, I'd be interested to know how much it'd be. (my zip's 02852 if you could try.) Thanks man.

edit: damn... I just realized I couldn't really go with those. I really need all seasons with all the snow we get around here. thanks anyway though.

I just realized I couldn't really go with those. I really need all seasons with all the snow we get around here. thanks anyway though.

Yea, They'd probably be danerous in the winter.

In your link, the tire size it showed was 235/60/16 - that might look a little too tall IMO- just over 27" in diameter. 235/55/16 is a size that came on some F-Bodys, but there's not a lot of selection in new tires. I was going to go with the 225/55/16 since it was a pretty common size. Those ones I got look pretty wide, but that depends on the tire - if you looked at other models in the same size, you'd see a bunch of different widths.

In your link, the tire size it showed was 235/60/16 - that might look a little too tall IMO- just over 27" in diameter. 235/55/16 is a size that came on some F-Bodys, but there's not a lot of selection in new tires.

That's what I was really looking for (55s) but like you said there's not much of a selection. At all.

Yeah man, what ever you do get something good in winter. It is absolutely no fun driving on ice with performance tires. I tried to do that last year with my mom's CL and it didn't work good at all lol. Had to use 2nd geat start just to get the bitch moving, and stopping was a different story