• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drache Rott

• Brian P

• gimp19

• OldsmoBeast

Well, not just Citizens, but also Buisnesses.

Mainly just cheating/shortcuts, etc. Remmbember before all that Enron stuff? No one really cared that much about cutting corners. Then we realized that everyone was doing it and we really had no money.

That and then citizens trying their hardest to stretch their dollar as much as possible. Mainly going cheaper instead of quality. For example, Ill get this non-name-brand item since its close to the other, to save a few cents. Thers nothing wrong with that, I do it quite often.

You also have people saving a ton of money. Thats great, but we need to spend our way out of a recession/depression.

I mean i could go on and on about simple things we all could do. But it wouldnt help. Thers so much involved. Its like saying CEOs shouldt get all this money, and it should be given to poor. Its a nice idea, but would never work, caus of greed.

Jon

Well, not just Citizens, but also Buisnesses.

Mainly just cheating/shortcuts, etc. Remmbember before all that Enron stuff? No one really cared that much about cutting corners. Then we realized that everyone was doing it and we really had no money.

That and then citizens trying their hardest to stretch their dollar as much as possible. Mainly going cheaper instead of quality. For example, Ill get this non-name-brand item since its close to the other, to save a few cents. Thers nothing wrong with that, I do it quite often.

You also have people saving a ton of money. Thats great, but we need to spend our way out of a recession/depression.

I mean i could go on and on about simple things we all could do. But it wouldnt help. Thers so much involved. Its like saying CEOs shouldt get all this money, and it should be given to poor. Its a nice idea, but would never work, caus of greed.

Jon

I totally agree that and I know its no all Bush's fault but, in times like these it would be nice to have some one in office with a brain.

He gets in office me, my dad and countless others end up jobless sucks.

Then after 9-11 he changed his agenda from "bin s@it head laden" to "f%ck face hussian". I understand that we may never find bin laden but, war with Iraq under these circumstances is definatly not going to help a thing.

Its real easy to declare war if youre not gonna end up on the battlfied killing innocent people while the real asshole just sits back drinking coffee in a bunker. I dont see bush getting ready to go over sea's.

Yeah

One thing I dont like is how we have YET to find binladen. Its been like a yr and a half now. We can find people all over the US in no time, and have tracked so many people before.

Whle I cant say i know what joblessness is like, I know what you mean. My hours are cut back now ( I work in a produce dept in a private Groc. chain, owns over half of the RTichmond market) since this is the slowest time of the year, and no one comes there anymore. That and also, they have cut like all benifits for part timers, etc.

No pres. really ever fights in a war. They may have in the past. And im sure that if Bush saw either face to face, he want to kill them.

Jon

The way I look at it is when you consider the increases in the dollar amounts of wages (up 4X) compared to what it was it the `70's, and factor in the greatly increased gas milage (up another 3-4X) that cars reach today, and think of the relatively SMALL increase in gas prices,,, we are getting a deal now compared to 20 & 30 years ago.

dont work that well though..our better gas milage is due to manufactures building light crappy throwaway cars with small motors.. the bigger motors that are out there get nominaly better milage...look at the chevy 350... in a 78 camero it was getting 17-18 mpg... look at the 98 camero 19-20 mpg... carb vrs fuel injection...but it is an improvment...now look at the gas prices..... in the 50's and 60' prices were like10-35 cents per gallon...then through market manipulation using scare tactitcs they jumped the gas prices to more then a dollar 130 per gallon...thats any where from 10x to 15x inflation....then they let it go down SOME...then they waited till the 90's when you had a new generation of unexperenced consumer who wouldn't know about the gas scandel in the past..and they pull the exact same stunt....we are running out of gas... now they are tring to raise the price another 50% another jump well past inflation...when we hadn't even caught up yet....if you only look at the past 25 years you are correct....but if you run back much farther... you will see a cycle of scamming by the oil industry & our government to raise prices.. I say this because as the oil industry was lowering it's prices...our government droped a 18.7 cents per gallon federal gas tax compounded on top of sales tax. which is technicly illegal by our laws...and they are trying to pull it again...hey are looking to raise the tax while the prices are high so the majority of the people wont notice....they also had made it illegal for many years to run ethanol....put most of the corn farmers out of business...then the oil companys bought the land...now who do you think it pushing the "introduction" of ethanol while beating the polution drum....if you dont believe me.. do a little research for your self....there is a lot of army documents that have become unclassified due to age that you can see what I'm talking about....stuff like saying that had no oil ..yet army intelligence reports they had barges waiting inline because they had so much oil they could not refine it fast enough...or other agencies showing that these supposed oil refineries fires came just when the oil companies wanted to upgrade thier equipment...so they oops...then they collect the insurance...raise gas prices ...and get federal aid....and we lose...

Check it out

p.s. ethanol used to be called white gas.. and was sold for half of what the regular leaded gas cost... ontop of that..it like any alcohol dirivitive burns cooler which means less dammage to the motor... but look at the prices of the places that sell it now...getting more expensive then regular gas...

Dave