Sidemarker bulbs

LuminaPower92

Hey what's up - I'm having a hard time finding sidemarker bulb 24 for the 90-94 Lumina in amber. Im thinking of getting clear sidemarkers but dont want to get them without knowing i have the bulbs. any help would be great

brian

they're all over walmarts/autozones here in IL...but i have clear bulbs now and they're not too bad

it'd be nice if there were some xenon ones or something like that

I took the amber lens out and tooke out the old bulb and drilled a new hole into the dome part of the blinker and was able to put in hyper white 194 bulbs with new connector....and I think the look great I can take a pic if you'd like but it'll be from my phone...

Looks trashy, I only see ricers and beat up junkers with white (or blue, green, red, etc) bulbs where an amber should be. Besides, US lighting standards are piss poor enough without people making them worse. People who do that kind of crap deserve to get hassled by cops.

in Kansas where I live I can have white infront and I think they look great so fuck you all that want to bash me for doing something you can't or are to lazy to do... I was just giving another option....

in Kansas where I live I can have white infront and I think they look great so fuck you all that want to bash me for doing something you can't or are to lazy to do... I was just giving another option....

Expressing an opinion is not bashing. On the other hand, saying "fuck you all" is bashing. If you can't conduct yourself maturely, then leave.

I hate ALL non-amber turn signals, and that includes the factory red stop/tail/turn combo lamps that are legal in the US. European lighting laws are FAR superior to US laws, and there's a reason they allow only amber turn signals with no exceptions.

do i look like i live in europe? nope sure don't but i do live in the land of oz where the bright fucking white bulb that is blinking is more noticable than a ugly amber bulb... :nono:

Did I say you live in Europe? Nope, sure didn't, but I'm smart enough to recognize that their lighting laws are better. Amber lights for turn signals only means there is no mistaking someone tapping their brakes for a signal, emergency lights, police wigwag lights, or anything other than signal lights.

I don't care what you do to your car, do whatever you want. I'll just continue to think it's a stupid juvenile ricey kid thing. :nono:

I agree Shawn. I don't have a problem with clear lenses, but the light part still should be the same color as it was before, in this case, amber.

However, I don't have a rpoblem with people using xenon, HIDs, etc as a headlight. I've driven cars with piss poor lighting at night (my friend's Cavalier for example), and I hate it. The lights in my Lumina are far suerior, and they are only halogen lol...

Anyway, I say still with amber lights where they should be, and red lights where they should be, and etc...

damn......well just for the record...my turn signals are ALLL white!!! ahahaha! :lol: ones between the grille are xenons and the corners are clear

all i say is whoopdey freaking do about the color of the turn signals

in Kansas where I live I can have white infront and I think they look great so fuck you all that want to bash me for doing something you can't or are to lazy to do

Yeah, 'cause it takes a real rocket scientist to figure out how to change bulbs. I know, I asked for second, third, and even fourth opinion on how to twist and remove my turn signal bulbs, especially with all the energy I exerted in the all-of-2-minute process. Way out of my league.

I'm sure you'll be preaching to the choir about how great your clear turn signals are when you get smashed head-on by some "asshole" who couldn't figure out that the bright white bulbs on the front of your car were actually turn signals. You gave your opinion, now here's mine. It looks tacky, it's stupid, and it's yet another dumbassed thing to do to make your car even less visible (thanks to how poor the US lighting laws are). I'll take manditory amber turn signals any day.. at least I know which way people are actually going.

hey if you cant figure out which way a car is going maybe we need to get more sea like laws and have a diferent color for starboard and portside....what do you think about that..... I know you don't like white bulbs I think your being racist....but I was just giving him an alternative to the plain boring ass bulbs that you still have in your ride.... and it would take you more than all of two minutes if you had to drill a new hole make sure their even and wire a new harness in.....It took all of like ten minutes....and their brighter then the pos bulbs that came in my lumina before so :flip:

hey if you cant figure out which way a car is going maybe we need to get more sea like laws and have a diferent color for starboard and portside....what do you think about that..... I know you don't like white bulbs I think your being racist....but I was just giving him an alternative to the plain boring ass bulbs that you still have in your ride.... and it would take you more than all of two minutes if you had to drill a new hole make sure their even and wire a new harness in.....It took all of like ten minutes....and their brighter then the pos bulbs that came in my lumina before so :flip:

Don't be a dick. People are just expressing their opinions. If you're not mature enough to handle it I'm sure you'll have no problem handling the courthouse.

when people criticize what I do to my car they can kiss my ass....All I did at the beginning was explain what I did to give the guy another alternative...then certain people dogged on my car so I'm just defending myself so you can threaten me with the courthouse all you want it wouldn't be the end of my life.........

No one was criticizing you personally, do you get equally as riled up and defensive when people say they don't like your favorite food?

In the real world, people don't agree with each other. That's life. Get over it and grow a backbone for crap sake.