Sunroof Weather Stripping

Robby1870

Anyone ever replaced this on a factory power sunroof? I dont even know how to go about getting the glass off. Reason I ask is mine is leaking at the back of the sunroof where the two ends of the weather stripping meet. Any ideas? TIA

If you have a GP service manual it shows a removal procedure for the sunroof glass on page 10-8-10.

It looks like you have to open the sunroof to the vent position

from manual: "Slide upper part of mechanism cover rearward and parallel to side adjustment bracket until the cover clips disengage from the side adjustment bracket" ?????

partially loosen 6 screws (3 on each side) securing glass panel to side adjustment bracket.

Slide glass panel rearward approx. 1/2 inch and lift off

If you have a GP service manual it shows a removal procedure for the sunroof glass on page 10-8-10.

It looks like you have to open the sunroof to the vent position

from manual: "Slide upper part of mechanism cover rearward and parallel to side adjustment bracket until the cover clips disengage from the side adjustment bracket" ?????

partially loosen 6 screws (3 on each side) securing glass panel to side adjustment bracket.

Slide glass panel rearward approx. 1/2 inch and lift off

Im working on procuring a factory GP service manual. Right now all I have is the STE supplement

I could scan the pages if that would help you out more.

I would rather e-mail them to you, or catch me on AIM or MSN (on MSN all the time AIM not so much) Bossman429@aol.com is the addy on both.

I would post them myself but am running out of server space.

Here's the sunroof pages from the GP service manual bossman sent me. If anyone needs full size images of these pages let me know, but I figured I'd post them here for everyone anyway:

sunroof1.jpg

sunroof2.jpg

sunroof3.jpg

sunroof4.jpg

sunroof5.jpg

sunroof6.jpg

sunroof7.jpg

sunroof8.jpg

sunroof9.jpg

sunroof10.jpg

sunroof11.jpg

sunroof12.jpg

sunroof13.jpg

Alright, after getting the pics from Bossman, I feel I can do this job. Now, does anyone know where to get weatherstripping for the sunroof? Ive tried advanced auto and autozone and got nothing. Havent tried the dealer yet and dont really wanna for fear they are the only ones that have it and it'll cost $TEXAS

EDIT: I found it on gmparts direct. Part number 12392898 and they want fucking $60 for it.

Yeah, I bought a GM service manual on Ebay for more than I should have, out of frustration at the poor binding and loose pages I took them all out, 3 hole punched em, and put em all in a binder.

It makes scanning pages a breeze!

Just pop em out.

• 9 years later...

Sorry for the dragging up an old thread but...It looks like GM 12392898 is discontinued. Does anyone know where I can find a non OEM replacement? The seal on my TGP is no longer pliable and doesnt seal right. It is not leaking into the car, I just dont want to chance it.