KYB's @ all 4's

Brian P

So sweet. I'm very specific on how I want the car to ride, and these struts deliver. They came in about 11am and I have them all in, just went on a test drive and they're NICE. If anyone wants a good deal on them, http://www.rockauto.com was $198.99 shipped after 5% discount.

Also if anyone wants to buy 60 day old Sensatracs let me know.

So sweet. I'm very specific on how I want the car to ride, and these struts deliver. They came in about 11am and I have them all in, just went on a test drive and they're NICE. If anyone wants a good deal on them, http://www.rockauto.com was $198.99 shipped after 5% discount.

Also if anyone wants to buy 60 day old Sensatracs let me know.

geez not bad at all! You're trying to temp me arent you? I got no cash!! I kill to drive a car with new suspension, lol

60 day old sensatracks? Hmm, my 93's begging for new struts, and I was just about to start saving... I'll pm you shortly.

Congrats on your KYB's... I'll probably do them up next year. :)

Preach it, brother! Those KYB's greatly improve the handling even with the wimpy stock 15's. I'm still in awe of the humongous improvement in handling with the KYB's and a set of 235/50's on 17" wheels. The ride isn't nearly as harsh as everyone says it'd be, but that's probably because my Regal's springs are on the softer side.

Although I looked at RockAuto for the KYB's, I bought mine from TireRack. The rears were $48 apiece and the fronts were $28. All together with mounts and boots front and rear, I spent close to 4 bills shipped. I ended up not replacing the front boots, as I replaced the cartridges through the top (I was going to replace the springs, but that's a whole other story.)

For anyone else who buys KYB's, be warned that the threads on the front cartridges are different than the stock replacements. I had to rig up a tool to be able to position the front carts in place because the tool set I rented from Checker didn't have the proper threads on the "rod" to fit the end of the KYB's (which is a metric M16 X 1.50 BTW...)

it wouldnt really make much of a difference on my car would it?

my suspension is already pretty tight and i dont know if it aids a healthy FE3 setup at all.

anyone wanna chime in??

Yeah, it really is. I had them in my old Z34 and the difference was amazing. Eventually I hope to put them into this car too.

i guess ill hit them up when i get Aweb's rear strut brace.

damn that's what I wanted to get, but they were out of stock in January when I did my replacements. I have sensitracs on my cutty and they're great. I have no complaints at all. However, everyone claims that the KYB's are better, but I've never had any point of comparison.

Either way, that's a hella good deal brian.