LOOK at what i just bought....

giannilibrizzi

Here they are, painted calipers and all!

I like the final results, although I find that 18's on a cut supreme look hella small!

Here they go:

2073372_3.jpg

2073372_4.jpg

2073372_5.jpg

I think they look pretty cool, what do you think?[/b]

Looks much better.

Could be the lip makes them look smaller. Lots of people say to go an inch bigger on wheels with a lip to compensate for the illusion of them looking smaller.

Not that bad actually.

First of all, let me tell you that on cars, 18's in Canada is big. We are slowly starting to see people with dubs on big cars (chrisler 300 and all). So it is hard to find someone to install them (18's) and hard to find tires.

So for me it went like that:

- 700$ for the wheels (which is the cost of 16's here)

- 400$ for tires (considering they are 225-45-18 Bridgestone potenza,

that is very good.

In all 1100$, and they look sweet. To make a comparaison, here for that price you could have cheap ass rims (17's) with them cheap ass tires on them. I got good rims, 18's, and very good tires on them, so I think i was good......

I know in the states for the same price or a couple bucks more I could have had 20's but with the shipping to Canada and all, customs, plus the waiting...it's very expensive and frustrating (waiting).

If somebody knows a place to buy rims that have good prices, in northern USA, please tell me, cause I will be buying my cousin's 1997 Cutlass supreme coupe next spring, and that one I want to put 20's on.

Thanks you guys for the comments.

why are 18 inch tires more expensive than lets say 14 inch tires??!! theres more rubber for the side walls on 14's, and LOT less for 18s, so why so much more?

The short answer is supply and demand. 14's are more common, it's OEM size on many cars, that's why it's cheaper. When they can spread the cost of the machines to produce the tires over more units, they can sell them cheaper.

:werd:

Since 18's are not yet very common here, you have to special order them all, and for that, they charge you. I was just lucky that one of my friends is in a WRX club in Montreal, and stumbled on them, so I got them for cheap.

I have a question for you guys though. Where do you guys buy your wheels? Cause I see in magasines that wheels in the US are hella cheap compared to here, and i'd like to buy some for my girl's car, and maybe for my future Cut Supreme coupe. Here, in Canada, they are so damn expensive!