LOOK at what i just bought....

giannilibrizzi

The're not even installed yet!!!

2073372_2.jpg

Got some brand new Brisgestone potenza rubber too... 225/45/18

THEY're going to be installed on this car:

2073372_1.jpg

Hopefully good, imma try to have this done this weekend.

I'LL send you pics once they're on my car!

By the way, I'm new here, as a member, and I've been reading this forum for a long time, and found very good advise here. I actually stumbled on this forum while on the net, and now I'm on here everyday to see what's new. It's cool to see people helping eachother like that, very cool....

SO.....What do you think?

Hey those rims look pretty nice, so does the car! Just dont like the 80 million holes in the center hub area. Im gona take a wild guess and say that they are 17's? Should look good though!

The pictures don't actually show the machined lips very well, they look alot sweeter in person!

You're right 19Cutlass94, I'm not a huge fan of the extra holes in the center hub neither, but I had to make some concessions! The were the size, model, look, and color I wanted, so there were more plus than minus in the equation.

When I install them, I'll send you guys more pics of the entire car, engine and all.

Any other comments welcomed!

so which holes in the center are actually the ones that go on the studs? those all look like stud holes to me...

but anyways, should look bitchin' on the cutty!! :mrgreen:

so which holes in the center are actually the ones that go on the studs? those all look like stud holes to me...

They're dual pattern rims, 5x115 and probably some smaller pattern. Cool looking rims anyways.

Looks killer! Now you're going to have to paint your calipers (and the hub part of your rotor) unless you don't mind showing off your rusty-ass brake components :lol: . Just be sure to use High-Temp engine paint (preferably paint that contains "ceramic" in it.)

BTW, what year is your Cutty?

my car is a 1996... and yes I'm going to have to paint my brake parts. Good news, I have brand new rotors.

Lil questions for you guys. I have bought a brush on kit from duplicolor with ceramic in it, and I also have a Spray can of regular Duplicolor high temp paint. Which one yould be better in you opinion?

By the way, I will be posting pics Sunday afthernoon of the car with the wheels on, thanks alot on your comments guys.

damn bro those are some sweet rubber!!! I always look at the rubber after I see the wheels, it tells me what the person really cares about. SO many people sell the house to buy some 18+ rims and than they go with stock lines,fluid,DRUMS!!! and some shite rubber like EXCEM, KYCO, etc some korean crap you never heard of. thats a nice addition to your ride man

Lil questions for you guys. I have bought a brush on kit from duplicolor with ceramic in it, and I also have a Spray can of regular Duplicolor high temp paint. Which one yould be better in you opinion?

I used both. I brush painted the calipers, and used the High-Temp on the brackets:

brakestuff.jpg

calhang1.jpg

calafter.jpg

192mounted.jpg

I, of course, removed the bracket before painting it. And yeah, don't razz me for not painting the hubs :lol: ! I'm "fin" to do that today (along with my back brakes...)

disco studd I wasnt gonna razz you for not painting the hubbs. I was gonna ask you why the rotors wernt machined down all the way? you removed the pad material but left it alone the rest of the way down to the hub

disco studd I wasnt gonna razz you for not painting the hubbs. I was gonna ask you why the rotors wernt machined down all the way? you removed the pad material but left it alone the rest of the way down to the hub

I was lazy on my rotors when I painted then silver...they look like someone was in a hurry :oops:

Nice work on the calipers man, looking sweet...

If you don't mind, I'll borrow tour pattern and use it on my car...lol

Thanks guys on the compliments, eager to send you pics (having them installed this morning).

You're right on the tire comment. So many spend all their money on buying rims, and then don't have any money to buy decent tires. I always go on the philosophy that your tires are what hold you on the road, they're more important than bling bling. If you don't have money for 18's and decent tires......wait till you have money, it's so important, even more here in canada where road conditions are shitty as hell!

Hey guys, open question......Did any of you have a problem getting you Cut Supreme tinted? Here in canada, it's a pain just to find somebody who actually wants to do it, and if you do find someone, they charge you like 500$ for the entire car!

Hey guys, open question......Did any of you have a problem getting you Cut Supreme tinted? Here in canada, it's a pain just to find somebody who actually wants to do it, and if you do find someone, they charge you like 500$ for the entire car!

That's just a fact of life, there's a square mile of glass on the Cutlass Supremes. I got lucky because my uncle does tint work & he did mine pretty inexpensively for me.

Just keep shopping around & you might get lucky.

That's just a fact of life, there's a square mile of glass on the Cutlass Supremes. I got lucky because my uncle does tint work & he did mine pretty inexpensively for me.

Just keep shopping around & you might get lucky.

I had my Cutlass coupe done at a place that made a comment on the rear glass after he was finished....saying that he's one of the only that could tint the rear glass without cutting it in half. At the time I had no idea how hard it was and I have to admit that it came out looking great. Best part was that I paid about $129 for the whole tint job(not the best quality tint though).

I'll go on shopping around.

Got to tell you guys a story...

Went to have my wheels installed today (the ones on the first page). Here's how it went:

-Place number 1: Didn't have the machine, referred me to place number 2.

-Place number 2: Had the machine, didn't have balancing weights.

-Place number 3: Had the balancing weights, didn't know how to work the machine.

-Back to place number 2 with the balancing weights from place number 3.

Had the tires installed on the wheels, balanced and all, realized I have to put on spacers (not very thick) because the wheel rubs on the caliper. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

So, here I go with my new wheels in the trunk and the backseat, looking for spacers, on a Sunday. Will be checking out on those tonight a tomorrow.

Do you guys have any knowledge on this occuring to someone else, that could lead me towards the good thickness for the spacers?

Thanks alot guys

They were rubbing like, well, I would say around 3mm.

I think I will get some wheel spacers, maybe that'll give it a good look....

Do you think I would be good with 3/16 (5mm) spacers? That wouldn't cause any rubbing of the tires, right?