Jet Dry....

THe_DeTAiL3R

I'm talking about that stuff you put in the dishwasher.

I read on another forum about how some guy's neighbor used it on the car to get egg off it. And it dried with no waterspots.

Discuss..

:lol:

Actually those dish deturgents are harmful to the paint. Thats why theres mothers and meguires and such. But those arent meant for paint hence dishwasher. But it will dull the paint, and eat at the clear coat and after a while if you keep it up, you wont have a clear coat, then say bye bye to your nice paint job.

Jet Dry shouldn't have any type of adverse effects. I actually thought it was more of a water softener, which would (I guess in my mind) let the water dry quicker naturally without help from the sun and leave no spots. I'd read the directions, but sounds ok to me if you use it in moderation.

Mr. Clean has that dry car wash thingy if you dont want to dry your car. You just wash it then hook up a filter to remove particles from water that leave water spots and rinse the car with that and it doesnt leave water spots. Cant think of the damn name though

My friend has one of those....I was disappointed with how low the pressure was when in the filtering setting. Oh well...I don't worry about water spots to much with a white car lol....all the guys with dark cars I feel sorry for you!

yeah you can get away with alot of stuff with a white car.... i leave the carwash and hit the highway home if the cars not dry oh well you dont see any spots on it anyways

that mr clean auto dry shit works SOOOO well, i love it, but if u miss one little spot, ur fucked, lol, but the filters run out way to fast, 5$ for 10 uses, i got 4 out of mine and its used up

I'm talking about that stuff you put in the dishwasher.

I read on another forum about how some guy's neighbor used it on the car to get egg off it. And it dried with no waterspots.

Discuss..

This coming from the guy that used human shampoo to wash cars, correct? :wink:

All depends what all is in your water. Around here my friend says he's gets 8 washes out of a filter. I'll admit it works awesome on black/dark colored cars

i must have some dirty water, lol, its well water too, id hate to use the dirty irrigation water from the river like other people use, ud prolly get 2 uses max, i dunno, mabye i do have another use, it says when brown its used up, and my things brown

:lol:

Actually those dish deturgents are harmful to the paint. Thats why theres mothers and meguires and such. But those arent meant for paint hence dishwasher. But it will dull the paint, and eat at the clear coat and after a while if you keep it up, you wont have a clear coat, then say bye bye to your nice paint job.

:werd:

yea I would NEVER NEVER EVER use any on my car! It's a known fact. Why do you think it's meant for use only on dishes!?! Otherwise, you might see them selling it on the shelves at Pep Boys! :lol:

Im not even gonna bother trying to say what I dry my car with cuz I cant fucking spell it! :lol: But it takes me a good 3 hours to wash and completely dry my car.

Dish detergent isn't as terrible as you think. Though it is something you don't want to use everytime you wash your car, but once or twice a year when your prepping for a full detail job won't harm anything. Drawback is that dish soap sometimes doesn't get off 100% of the silicones, oils or waxes on your paint's finish.

Microfiber towels for drying are the way to go. Chamois's are prone to removing weaker waxes on your finish, as well as leaving scratches. Always make sure your microfibers are clean, and when you wash them, wash them only with other microfibers NO other fabrics. Otherwise you'll spend hours picking fuzz balls out of your microfibers. :lol

One thing I've found that works great to remove all waxes, oils, silicones is a 50:50 mix of 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol and water. If used properly it leaves you with a completely prepped and naked paint finish with no fillers, which is great for inspecting for fine scratches which are often filled by cheap waxes. No, it doesn't hurt your paint, doesn't remove it or anything like that, it's 100% safe.

If any of you are serious about detailing I'd head over to http://www.autopia.org and peruse the forums there. You can learn a HELL of alot in a short amount of time from many of the detailing professionals there.