what's your gas milage?

frusciante fan

I'm at 25 city...not sure on highway yet...haven't been able to get the car on a long trip. 3800 in the pree.

The cutlass would do 23-25 city/country and easy 28-32 country/highway, with the 3100

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john99gtp

• Dannymik

• Prospeeder

• gp90se

I can get about 400 highway miles outta a full tank so about 25ish (16 gallon tank, right?) down town traffic will get me under the 15 mark, and suburban-city-driving will get me about 15 - 20mpg.

--Dave.

its 2.40 regular, 2.50 plus.and 260 for premium here, it gets more expsensive in bigger cities, its more or less a couple cents tho

wow

its 2.29, 2.39, 2.49 here :)

I'm pretty sure the area just 40 miles east of me is the highest in the lower 48. Regular unleaded in Montauk NY is $2.80. That beats even California. In my area the cheapest is $2.45. So yea, every MPG counts.

Guest Anonymous

the cheapest it is here is about 2.60 for regular, i think ultra or supreme or whatever is like 2.80. Spending about $40 on a tank of gas is just fucking ridiculous. IIRC, regular on the Palisades is in the 2.80+ range.

'89 GP 3.1 auto - 19 MPG combined

'96 Lumina 3100 - 22-23 MPG combined

'97 Firebird 3800 5-speed - 24 combined (& needs tune-up)

A few years ago, I had to drive my truck ('78 Chevy C-10 350/4 BBL) the whole summer; it got 10-11 MPG combined. I had to fill it up every 3 days - boy, I'm glad I'm not doing that now.

Back when I had the '92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 5-speed, I got 38 MPG on a 300 mile mostly highway trip.

Consistently above 30 US mpg. Worst I've seen on the highway was 27mpg, but that was because I was doing 95+mph trying to make up some time on a long trip up north.

Driving to Calgary, if I keep the speed down to 50mph, I get 40mpg.

No magic, just old spark plugs, 0W-30 synth oil, 7-11 or Wal-Mart 87-octane petrol, air conditioning turned on, tyres inflated to 40psi, and my thermostat in good working order.

14 city..... MABEY 17-20 (I'm stretching it) highway. Thats in a 1988 regal limited 2.8/auto 4speed.

My car EATS gas like a fat guy at an all you can eat buffet. :bawl:

damn... i just remember seeing gas prices in georgia not even 10 years ago (maybe 97 or 98 actually) being 72 cents a gallon... those were the days....... dammit dammit dammit.

My 94' Cutlass Coupe(210,00 kilometers, 3.1 stock) turns in approx 700-740 kilometers per tank Hwy no idea what size the tank is... about 40.00 to 48.00 to fill C$ from empty. The new one 96' Cutlass Coupe International (70,000 kilometers 3.1 stock) no where near the same maybe 550-620 km's per tank too soon to tell. Hope I will be able to coax more out of it . Purchased gas at 93.9/litre the other day.To our U.S. neighbor's do the math (or not )read expensive.

My 94' Cutlass Coupe(210,00 kilometers, 3.1 stock) turns in approx 700-740 kilometers per tank Hwy no idea what size the tank is... about 40.00 to 48.00 to fill C$ from empty. The new one 96' Cutlass Coupe International (70,000 kilometers 3.1 stock) no where near the same maybe 550-620 km's per tank too soon to tell. Hope I will be able to coax more out of it . Purchased gas at 93.9/litre the other day.To our U.S. neighbor's do the math (or not )read expensive.

I find that very hard to beleive (from the 94 3.1). 550-600ish out of a 3100 sounds about right though, that's what I get out of my car. Only way you're gonna get more is if your engine runs diesel. :lol:

hmmm lets see .... mine can range from 17mpg delivering pizza to about 23 on a mixed city/hwy tank. ive never been on a long enough trip to find out the true hwy mileage :x .