RainX or rainaway

Cam'ron

Does this crap work? When it is raining i cannot see out of my back window drives me nutz... if it dont work i dont want to waste my time/money on it... anybody tried it? lemme know please!

the Rain X works pretty well on the front window....im sure it would do the same for all the others. Give it a shot, i think it'll be worth it! :D

I used rain X on the whole car it's awsome. The back window it all beads up and flys off. :)

Heres me driving without my wipers on.... (60mph for those that can't convert)

May1505028.jpg

RainX is awesome. I highly recommend it, especially if you have the shitty wipers like my Lumina that are mini van style. Mine don't stay on the windshield on the way down and smear...so I put on RainX and haven't used the wipers since.

You need to reapply it every month I think...using the wipers and washing the windshield wears the RainX off...

woaw, the speed's projected on the windshield? I never knew they did that in w-bodies.. I remember seeing and older corvette or something w/ it though. Guess I'm too young for this stuff.

Hello,

I have always used Rain-X on all the windows. It lasts about 6 months on the side and rear windows, and about a month on the windshield. Also works on outside mirrors and headlights in the winter when there is a lot of dirty water spray from other cars.

FYI, Rain-X on your sunroof makes the water dance around like Liquid Mercury.

On the HUD, please feel free to visit my HUD webpage.

http://members.aol.com/regal231/hud.htm

Ben

I hate rainx...

or any add on for the windshield. At low speeds it does nothing, because you need to use your wipers. When I use my wipers with it, it creates a fog from very small beads of water that doesn't push away from the wipers.

It is very annoying, and impares my vision. I will never use it.

i wasnt really lookin to use it on the windshield... just the back window... dont know why but water just sits on the back window at any speed in the rain and it is damn near impossible to see out of it

I hate rainx...

or any add on for the windshield. At low speeds it does nothing, because you need to use your wipers. When I use my wipers with it, it creates a fog from very small beads of water that doesn't push away from the wipers.

Must be just your car. Works great any any vehicle i've used it on.

I hate rainx...

Must be just your car. Works great any any vehicle i've used it on.

It was on the Camaro when I bought it, same problem, when it rains again, I'll take a quick video to show you what I mean.

I have Rain-X windshield washer fluid. It does exactly what Kyle said, and I hate it with a passion.

I do like the regular Rain-X spray... but I'd have to agree the washer fluid is COMPLETE CRAP. Last winter I couldn't wait until it was all gone so I could put in my regular pink teflon fluid...

I have Rain-X windshield washer fluid. It does exactly what Kyle said, and I hate it with a passion.

I do like the regular Rain-X spray... but I'd have to agree the washer fluid is COMPLETE CRAP. Last winter I couldn't wait until it was all gone so I could put in my regular pink teflon fluid...

It's garbage, I have little water marks on my windshield from it, and I noticed today that water doesn't dry very quickly, nor can you wipe it away with the windshield wipers like you're SUPPOSED to be able to! :bash:

I use rainX wipes on all my glass. Works great all the time, and every time. I find it especially helpful in really bad downpours. I have a lot more visibility than I would have without it.

The first thing you need to have is really clean glass. I worked as a service writer at a GM dealership for a couple of years, and we had customers come in now and then complaining about streaking, hazing, and whatnot with their glass, especially windshields. We did the same thing each time.

Find yourself some Boraxo somewhere. Sprinkle it liberally on the glass and add enough water to make it a slightly runny paste. Grab a sponge or rag or something and start cleaning your glass with it. Really get in there and scrub it. Wipe your wipers off with the stuff too. When you are finished, just hose it off. You will be amazed at how clean your glass is. Clean glass always works better.

I have yet to find anything that works better or gives better results. Worth a try.

RainX works really, really well in heavy downpours, interstate driving, and both at the same time. When ther's a light rain, I do notice the hazy effect, but I haven't tried Darkness's trick yet. It's also really cool to see water drops fly by.

• 1 month later...

i love the stuff on the back, but HOW THE HELL DO I GET IT OFF THE WINDSHIELD i fukin hate it on there, it is ok when it is raining but it is damn near impossible to see through when it is not raining... i have tried 3 times with an industrial glass cleaner to remove it but it will not come off HELP