Wanting clear tail lights buuuuuuuuuut ....

cryptnix

I'm wanting clear tail lights ...

I've seen a few people with clear lights on there cars ... is it possible to remove the red lense on our crutties?

ive heard...

boil the taillights to get the adheasive to seperate, pull the lights apart, remove red plastic, clear RTV back together, replace with red/amber bulbs

i really do not think you could pull this off on a cutlass.

oh? and why's that? :evil: i think it'd look kinda goofy but with it tinted with niteshade i think it'd look pretty sweet.

consideiring that the red lens IS the tail light... you'd have to be able to somehow reproduce it in clear to make it work...

consideiring that the red lens IS the tail light... you'd have to be able to somehow reproduce it in clear to make it work...

exactly....there is no red piece to remove, the red IS the tail light like chris said :D

Not to mention, the lens is ultrasonically welded on the 92-97 Cutlass coupes. You'd have to cut the lens off.

Only way to make a decent looking clear tail for the Cutlass is to cut the red lens off, make a mold, and cast some acrylic clear resin into it. It's a lot of work, but I've seen it done.