• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuntzie

• Prospeeder

• Rick5638

• LukeZ34

yea for real, thats gotts be a monster!!! torque steer must be horendous, my 100% stock TGP has it pretty bad, i floor it and whoop the steering wheels forcing itself left or right

same... as my buddy says its "off the chain" lol

Hey Jeff M you have a list of people or VIN# that bought your goods... i just wanna confirm if mines got your x-over or if its factory or some joe-schmoe remake

does it have a Heat shield clamped on it, its not the bare xover, is it stainless steel? is it leaking or cracked or anything? Bare = Jeff M usually, Stainless is usually Jeff

BTW: Kuntzie, i sent u a PM, but are u on the TGP forum? Iv never seen u, they have lots of TGP's being parted out there, u can find what ever ur looking for

I remember seeing red on my drivers door trim. Must be the B4U GX only?

RareGM fan..I though I saw one of those seats on a Celeberty. Thought it was a BMW seat or some import seat.

yea for real, thats gotts be a monster!!! torque steer must be horendous, my 100% stock TGP has it pretty bad, i floor it and whoop the steering wheels forcing itself left or right

As for some pealing paint, my white TSTE has that, luckily the prev owner had most repainted except the roof, with it sun burned and pealing, gray underneath. When I owned my first black TGP that was ordered new from the dealer with Option B/full discount, it was a true black down to the primer, now own 2 other black TGPs and they are true black. All the red ones that have come here (several dozen!!) were all true red, with a few repainted, darker red looked better, one guy had his trunk shaved, that was thee best custom improvement I have seen!!...though it had a monster of a whale tail from a Fiero, flopped in the breeze at 75mph and up.

As for good traction, that comes from a combination of new suspension parts (struts mainly), newer tires (Nitto Drag Radial on this one), and a differential that is un-abused. Then the power flows to the ground really good for a FWD, too much brake torque or low traction tires and too much wasteful wheel spin! The 450 hp version one is back to being worked on, pics of the aluminum block are here, down the page some:

http://www.turbograndprix.com/favorite.htm

Have them but don’t have pics of the billet crank or the forged pistons yet, but the Carrillo rods are shown on this link:http://www.turbograndprix.com/TGP%20Cap%20parts.jpg

I am reworking for a shorter rod, the benefits I have only seen written in the book Forced Induction Performance Tuning by A. Graham Bell (another great book!!). He states: “In naturally aspirated engines we usually want to increase rod length for superior performance, but forced induction engines are different. Here, within reason (don’t go to a rod length to stroke ratio of less the than 1.5:1), a shorter rod can be used to open up the squish clearance and/or lower the compression ratio without losing hp (significant since we like to drop compression ratio for more boost). In fact, because the short rods accelerate the piston more rapidly away from TDC they can help in keeping away from detonation (another good thing since we have to back off timing to avoid detonation as we try to really crank the boost, and lose some power potential from this)â€Â. There is a lot more here that applies, and benefits to a turbo application but I don’t want to go way off topic, but turbos want lower compression, and some faster spinning to get some hp out of this long runner engine, though I will be looking at a different intake system that will still have some length to it. Garrett has some newer GT’s that will allow 450 to 550 hp on a rather small frame setup, that to make fitment and turbo lag more manageable.

Jeff M

Those rods and pistons need to go in my next motor which is going to be squeezed(nitrous)

I have other billet cranks and Carrillo rods, just need to have time to dig through them to find some matches for another engine setup, some Cosworth pistons too, all needs some math to match them up, rods and cracks have been fully checked, pistons, crank and rods are all mostly new or good as new for use.

Jeff M

same... as my buddy says its "off the chain" lol

Hey Jeff M you have a list of people or VIN# that bought your goods... i just wanna confirm if mines got your x-over or if its factory or some joe-schmoe remake

I can assure you it's a Jeff M crossover with a Jeff M top gun chip. : )

so the Cosworth pistons and Carillo rods would be a good match up to lower compression enough to squeeze the motor maybe 100 horse? But I would have to run that crank you got to get the shorter stroke? Is that the same steel as our stockers?

so the Cosworth pistons and Carillo rods would be a good match up to lower compression enough to squeeze the motor maybe 100 horse? But I would have to run that crank you got to get the shorter stroke? Is that the same steel as our stockers?

Well these super strong bottom end parts would more than handle an extra 100 hp :!: , considering Ryan Falconer did 8,500 rpms on these setups, and 350 hp NA :shock: . Less rpm and more hp would be much easier and no problem since high rpms are much harder on an engine than a lot of added power at lower rpms :!: Thing is with such a setup is to be literate at tuning the changes for the chip, of which these would be very involved and unique setups that I could not and would not assume to make a custom chip for….that is something I will never do as other chip tuning companies claim to be able to achieve :roll: , I am do damn honest to someone as well as their money to say I can do a chip from guessing and sending you to test, no fricking way :evil: !!! And knowing these engines as others do here, rpms are not the unlocked key to more power in these engines as they stand, so keeping the rpms below 5,500 and working in that area/power band, will results in plenty of power and longevity! Aside from this book I was able to quote on shorter rods, thinking about the really small displacement exotic engines from Europe making plenty of hp and little torque, being as fast as/faster then our big engine (8 liter Dodge Viper as an example) alternatives shows the potential doing the same to our engines, and with this book’s quote, showing a forced induction as the best target candidate while not blasting huge rpms to get there 8) . And the usual aside from chip tuning, good fueling from the tank to the rail!!

Jeff M

Cool, does that mean I can run a nitrous set-up on the car with the Jeff M tg 180 chip and those parts? Or do you think that would run like shit? Do you think that my stock fuel injectors would add enough fuel to run a dry nitrous set up like what I am talking about? I know I have not mastered the RPM TV cable part of it. but I plan on getting that problem under control here soon before this next motor. And I want to get a tach with a shift light.

ur TGp dont have the "OMG DONT FREAKING TURN OFF THE CAR AFTER DRIVING HARD!!!! LET IT COOL DOWN FOR A MINUTE!!!!! AND WHEN STARTING, ALLOW TO IDLE FOR 30 SECONDS!!!!!!!! AHHHHH oh and turn the wheel back and forth to unlock steering colum and changer the oil every 3k/3month, wichever comes first Label on the visor?

Guest Anonymous

I'm obviously not a TGP owner here... but I have seen several TGP's with the VFD DIC (the 1990) ones... did 90 TGP's get the VFD one? Ive only seen a few of each year, but the ones that were 90 had the VFD one.

There was once a rumor floating around here that some 89 TGP's had a digital dash with a turbo gauge, but I beleive it to have been dispelled...

Guest Anonymous

maybe the owner's swapped them, or maybe a few came like that (the DIC;s)... the VFD ones are the all-green display types. But I have defiently seen a few 90 TGP's with the VFD/STE DIC.

Like I said, the turbo digital dash was just a rumor, i doubted it existed as well.

:lol:

Yea..that wait one miniute, let it cool down yada yada lable on the visor.

kuntzie, I bought that lable on ebay and have it on the GTU on the passenger side visor :lol: 8) .

Mine still has that warning label on the visor... and the 89 I sold had it too..

Beggining to think I should have kept the 89, but it was so far gone...

maybe the owner's swapped them, or maybe a few came like that (the DIC;s)... the VFD ones are the all-green display types. But I have defiently seen a few 90 TGP's with the VFD/STE DIC.

Like I said, the turbo digital dash was just a rumor, i doubted it existed as well.

Ross, my DIC appears slightly different from the one posted above..it has more green on it anyways. It looks exactly like Prospeeders, but the lower portion on his where it *appears(maybe it's just his camera?)* to be blue is green on mine.

Compare his picture to mine and you'll see what I mean. This picture shows the actual color of my DIC.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/572000-572999/572677_96_full.jpg

The build date on my 1990 is August 30th, 1989 for what it's worth.

EDIT: I snapped a picture of a DIC in my 1993's owners manual. Is this the VFD one?

http://home.alltel.net/mfewtrail/images/dic.jpg