how to -fiberglass

dohc v6

i want to learn how to do this. i see on the car shows that the do alot of fiberglassing. can anybody point me in the way to go. i want to spruce up my speaker in the trunk. may be add a little plastic

http://www.the12volt.com Has a good fiberglass section.

It really isn't that hard, but it is very time consuming. I made a fiberglass enclosure for a single 12" in the spare tire wheel well of my cutlass sedan. It was my first time, and it turned out pretty well. Anyone can do it, you just have to be willing to make a mess and give up a couple days of time.

• 2 weeks later...

W-bodies are the perfect cars for fiberglass wheel well enclosures. It leaves so much room in the trunk. I built mine and then had to put 5 plates of MDF so that the bottom of the magnet would clear. I just used about 500 wood screws and wood glue in between the layers. The 1000 watts at full volume cant even distort or vibrate the enclosure. You can put your hand on the box right next to the speaker and it feels totaly dead.

Also the front door speaker mounts can be fiberglassed for sealed 4" midrange enclosures. I never thought I could get that much sound without modifying the stock appearance.

W-bodies are the perfect cars for fiberglass wheel well enclosures

just make sure you trunk doesn't leak.....I have seen WAY too many w-bodies with sitting water in the spare tire area for me to ever think about installing a sub there.

W-bodies are the perfect cars for fiberglass wheel well enclosures

just make sure you trunk doesn't leak.....I have seen WAY too many w-bodies with sitting water in the spare tire area for me to ever think about installing a sub there.

Also better get runflats!

driving on the rim is not recommended.

I had to explain that to my wife once......

:lol2:

It's the fact I had to explain it to Prospeeder that worries me... :wink:

OH i get it, he wanted to put his woofer in the spare tire area, and u said make sure u have run flats, alright, i get it, i know not to drive on the rim :roll:

Don't you have to subscribe to AAA?

yeah you do, but I've used it more then once, and its been worth eery-penny so far. Its better then getting stranded in the middle of no-where.

Don't you have to subscribe to AAA?

yeah you do, but I've used it more then once, and its been worth eery-penny so far. Its better then getting stranded in the middle of no-where.

Couldn't agree more. It's not all the expensive expecially with all the benefits that you recieve.

That's what I thought, I got their "free trial" mailer once, but tossed it. My Cutlass has only needed towed once in 11yrs, and that only cost $35. For me it would have to be < 27-cents/month to be worth it. Haven't needed to get the 94 towed yet in the last 3yrs. I guess my W's treat me better than other peoples' do.