• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prospeeder

• Aaron

• Dannymik

• frusciante fan

hmm just sounds like a variation on a N drop, but a little healthier for the car.

That's what I think too but I think it's still bad for your car. It's suddenly putting a large load on your transmission, similar to a neutral drop.

i wonder if nobody likes you cause you tell them how their cars work when you haven't ever seen them in person? sound familiar with all the bitching you do to people to stop judging your work from 500 miles away?

i know how my car ran, off a dead stop if i put my foot to the floor i had no traction, and i did not have crappy bald tires, and it was on dry pavement.

and my first sentence was "read."

that OBVIOUSLY does not work with YOU.

i know with my monte dry pavement i can lay a pair of nasty lookin 3' long strips :wink: with the traction control on if i turn it off i can get about 10' before it engages itself again :evil:

it will however do a nasty burnout on the garage floor with the ebrake on... BTW i f'n hate the foot pedal ebrake :twisted:

those 3.4SFI's have ALOT of low end torque man, my moms grand am roasts them easy, but the DOCH 3.4's just dont have that low end grunt like alot of the other W motors do

Dude a 5-speed 3.4, stock, is not that far behind a boosted 3800. Get the right L67, and the 3.4 will be right on its bumper, maybe even side by side.

:lol: Can I have some of the crack your smoking??

For me brake-torquing doesn't do a damn with my the 88 2.8 I had (which I took to the track a fair bit) or my 3100. I've tried mashing down both pedals HARD and don't find that it "peels out" any harder than just mashing the gas. The only thing I can see would be maybe better engine response time- but if your car runs good that shouldn't be an issue anyways.

"Roasting" your tires (from a stop with no e-brake) is really a silly thing to say with any 60*N/A engine. Even the 3400 N-bodies don't "roast" the tires from a stop. Yeah, they spin them for a couple feet but you're lucky if you smell any tire smoke. We're not talking Chevy 350s here.. lol

As far as the 3.4DOHC claiming to lay 100ft patch.. that's either BS or the car is some sort of FREAK.

my mom's 2000 venture has the 3400 SFI and you can chirp the tires and leave a couple ft of blackies from a dead stop. surprising since that thing is obese.

Ventures/Montanas are actually fairly sporty to drive for a minivan. A brand new Cavavan will also chirp the tires quite easily. Almost everything is 200hp+ these days so it's not hard for them to keep up with/beat a 10+ year old car with a basic V6 engine. The Montana does feel quicker than the Caravan.. it's got more of a "car" ride to it than the Dodge, and I'd be lucky if I could keep up with one with my 3100 (although I'd HOPEFULLY beat one in the 1/4 mile considering I have many other factors in my favor..)

:oops: Well.....I think i figured out why, i was on a tar&chip road. Sorry guys, plz don't flame me. :cry: Needless to say though, i gotta wonder if something has been done to my car because it is quite fast!

I have to admit that when you turn off the traction control for the L36 you can light them up pretty easy :D

I agree. The 2004 GP GT we had at work was fun. :twisted:

the stuff you use for driveways. i think it's the crap they use to fill potholes and other nifty stuff like that. shit that sticks to your tires on a hot day.