Fun times.

Mr.ChevZ34

no way in hell. my regal only leaves 4-6 ft patches. unless you're doing a N drop.

the only vehicle i've done a real burnout with was with the parents '93 F-250. smoked em all the way through first gear...should with a freaking 460 too.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prospeeder

• Aaron

• Dannymik

• frusciante fan

my dads 99 chevy pickup had only exaust and he could smoke'm through second.....

for some reason, those 99's had a good running motor....i think it was the 5.3

my dads 99 chevy pickup had only exaust and he could smoke'm through second.....

for some reason, those 99's had a good running motor....i think it was the 5.3

And the fact that its only spinning 1 wheel, and there is quite literally NO weight over the rear wheels.

My dad's 88 S10, 4.3l TBI, would roast em through first in Colorado, but still managed to be slow as hell :lol:

yea, i definatly dont think a 3.4 could do that, u guys can barley manage to spin them at all, let alone a huge burnout

i never had a problem with the 3.4, from a dead stop, smoking tire(s) however it is very bad to do that to the 4t60-e so i only did it a couple times.

yea, i definatly dont think a 3.4 could do that, u guys can barley manage to spin them at all, let alone a huge burnout

i never had a problem with the 3.4, from a dead stop, smoking tire(s) however it is very bad to do that to the 4t60-e so i only did it a couple times.

But how did you do it? Neutral drop? Brake torque? I know these things don't make enough torque to spin them from a stand still. Not stock, anyway.

obviously these cars were not made to be speed demons which is the reason the 4t60e can't handle the abuse

Our car's having a weak link means that they are slow... :roll:

obviously these cars were not made to be speed demons which is the reason the 4t60e can't handle the abuse

Our car's having a weak link means that they are slow... :roll:

well its 95% true(except for the z34 your driving :worship: ).

So your car must be slow considering your heads can't flow worth a damn, right?

And I guess that menas the Z34 5-speeds are allf ast, since they don't have that weak link :lol:

So your car must be slow considering your heads can't flow worth a damn, right?

And I guess that menas the Z34 5-speeds are allf ast, since they don't have that weak link :lol:

funny thing is that I never, ever stated on this board that my car is fast. I like the way she looks and for speed the only thing this GP has going for it is a little torque in 1st gear (then she falls on her face)! The only w's that have any balls are the ones with boost or the ones that are "HEAVILY" modded...otherwise its a no brainer! Such a tool :D

Dude a 5-speed 3.4, stock, is not that far behind a boosted 3800. Get the right L67, and the 3.4 will be right on its bumper, maybe even side by side.

Furthermore, I never stated the 3.4 was fast in stock form, but it has the potential to be once you get around the weak links (manifolds and 4T60e)

one only wishes they matched up a L67 with a 5speed...shit a L36 5 speed could even be a good time!

Just so you konw Aaron I don't want to get into the whole L67 vs. LQ1 debackle...its just not worth it :mrgreen:

But how did you do it? Neutral drop? Brake torque? I know these things don't make enough torque to spin them from a stand still. Not stock, anyway.

read.

dead stop. brake off, mash gas, smoke tire(s)

no e-brake, no neutral drop(anyone who does this to their car is a retard), no brake torque(its a fwd anyway)

read.

no e-brake, no neutral drop(anyone who does this to their car is a retard), no brake torque(its a fwd anyway)

The first sentence doesn't work with 3.4s, that's what we are trying to tell you.

Next, brake torqueing can really help get a FWD car off the line, in fact better than a RWD if you ask me.

Yea, ur crazy, a 3.4 DOCH manual isnt gonna touch a 3800GTP, hmmm, 215hp, or 260hp??? hmmm :confused: the GTP's run lw 14's, and 3.4's run low 15's, hmm, not seeing how its "right on there rear bumper or beside them" but what ever. and how the DOHCs tourque curve is, it has no down low torque, just up high horse power, so no mashing to the floors and roasting them, the 3.1T does it nicely tho :mrgreen:

read.

The first sentence doesn't work with 3.4s, that's what we are trying to tell you.

Thank you. The 3.4 DOHC just doesn't work that way.

could somebody explain 'brake torquing' to me?

Hold down the brakes, step on the gas to get the revs up, let go of the brakes.

I believe that's how it's done. Someone correct me because I'm sure someone else can go into much greater detail. IIRC, it's a pretty good way to launch a FWD car (especially turbo cars).