after market H.U.?

Joe590me

OK, so i have seen this question asked many times but i have yet to find anyone asking about the climate control, my 96 supreme has the steering wheel controls with climate controls too, my pioneer CD player doesnt have a remote, so is there a part that will hook all those controls up to still work, because as of right now they do not worl, and i like them

If your Pioneer CD player was made WITH a remote, then you can use something like the PAC SWI-X. I have one in my car and it was easy to install (I don't have climate controls though, but the kit comes with resistors and stuff if you do). http://www.sounddomain.com/item/PACSWIX

When you press a button on the steering wheel this thing converts it to an IR signal and sends it to the HU. So if your CD player does not have remote control capabilities then you are out of luck.

Does the Pioneer HU have a wired remote port in the back? There is a unit that will control Pioneer HU's w/wired remote ports in the back, but you'll lose the use of the HVAC controls. If you buy a HU with an IR remote, then the PAC-SWIX is the only unit that will let you control both and aftermarket HU and your HVAC system.

Here is a place that sells all kinds of steering wheel control interfaces:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/stwhcoin.html

The one I bought for my 95 Regal (w/o HVAC controls) was the SoundGate Remote 1.5V4 from the aforementioned website, but it appears as if they don't sell it anymore...