Took Of Plenem UHOH..

89Cutlass

Today i decided to take of the plenem to inspect the vacum lines under it and got it back on and now that motor starts and stalls right away. I think i might have to change the gaskets. Also were it splits at the air intake were the IAC is. Anyone had this happen or heard of it before.

Thanks

I just went and bought a new intake gasket set. It came with the 2 upper the side gasket and the egr gasket for only 6.99.

Ill change um tommorow

i forgot that once you take them off you have to change them

No frigging way 6.99? I got one set last week for like $28. damn. It did come with this extra gasket that was pretty big for the lower intake, but no way was I going to tackel that job. Just the top for now thank you.

Usually you can buy the set with or without the "valley pan gasket". This is the large lower intake gasket. Without the valley pan gasket is much cheaper than with it.

Jason

i need to do the valley gasket soon (again) has anyone successfully done this without getting coolant in the engine? I drained it last time and I still had a few drops get in...