225/50/16

pwmin

the best three tires ive found in this size are toyo proxes 4, mastercraft avenger hp, and falken ziex-512. i need a tire i can drive in the snow but this size is difficult to find something like that. i can get each tire within $5 a piece from each other. what is the best tire for the snow or is there something better in this size? the falkens seem the best for the snow, but i dont know for sure.

specs:

toyo: 300AA

mastercraft:340AA

falken:360AA

i dont care about the speed rating so much, mostly the treadware and the snow ability. thanks in advance.

fyi, i got mastercraft lsr's 215/55/16. i had to go to that size to get a decent tire for the snow and a little better treadware rating. ill give a report if anyone's interested after i drive them in the snow (ill probably see some more this year) and after a while of driving with them. theyre mostly for the 5-hour trips ill be taking this summer/fall so i dont wear out my t1-s's.

why didnt you get 225/55/16'?...i'm assuming these are for your gp (cause you posted this on the w-body forum)...but i know my car came stock with 215/60/16's and 225/55/16's would be basically the same height, just wider...and i'm pretty sure you can get most tires in 225/55's...

and, FWIW: mastercrafts are damn good tires...we sell them @ work! :)

It depends on what year, model, and trim level w you have. There are at least 4 tire sizes that they had that I know of. There is the 15" size which is like 195/70/15 or something like that I don't remember for sure, then there is the 215/60/16, and the 225/60/16's, and the 245/50/16's (I believe this is TGP only). I'm not sure if there are other sizes or not?

It depends on what year, model, and trim level w you have. There are at least 4 tire sizes that they had that I know of. There is the 15" size which is like 195/70/15 or something like that I don't remember for sure, then there is the 215/60/16, and the 225/60/16's, and the 245/50/16's (I believe this is TGP only). I'm not sure if there are other sizes or not?

true... my 88 GP had 215/55/15s or something like that

But his car is the similar year as mine and appears to be the same trim level.. should be 225/60/16s

i've seen 1st gen w's with these factory tire sizes:

195/75R14

205/70R15

215/65R15 (had one of these--'88 FE3 Cutlass)

215/60R16 (my car)

225/60R16

the factory size for mine is 225/60/16. i am lowered so i needed a lower profile tire. i have toyo t1-s tires in 245/45/16 on crosslaces. i just needed other tires so i didnt ruin my good expensive ones on the 5hour trips ill be making (already said that) and for something good in the snow. couldnt find 225 in that profile that would be decent in snow, so i got those. they look wider than most 215's to me, but its probably just in my head.