giving my Regal a more agressive look

frusciante fan

Underhood crossbars??? Do you mean that GM made Buick Regal strut tower brace? :wink:

Or maybe the one that came on the Cutty Converts only? 8)

Just funnin', Us Regal people got to get in here somewhere. Someone earlier in the post (who even owns a Regal) said it wasn't a performance car so just drive it like a grandma car. Funny how it came with a 3.8 when the only engine as (and), more powerful was in a Z34. Funny how the 96 Regal got the GenII 3.8 one year before everyone else. Even in the 4drs.

So let see.....a stock 96 Regal 4dr (equiped with the GenII 3.8 8) could blow the doors off any stock 96 Grand Prix or 97 Cutty. And with a single outlet exhaust too.

Give us credit boys, we do it and we do it in luxury :D

Okay....so I just got a 3.1. :oops:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frusciante fan

• digitaloutsider

• MonteCarloChick

• Euro

well, the 3.4 had how much hp? 215, and the 3.8 Gen 2 had 200 even, mabye even 195, so they didnt "blow thier doors off" they were even or the 3.4's were faster, oh, cant forget that the Grand Prixs got Turbo Package, that put out the most power of any 88-90 w-body! lol i dont get it, the S/C 3800 GP's are like, alot faster than lets say, a S/C regal of the time, or a S/C monte, i dont get that, or is it people never talk about them. I like the Gen 1 Regals front end, oh and the cloth coverd center consol, those are bad ass, lol

I was just having lite fun, nothing serious. You are very correct on the 3.4. I wasn't thinking about the GTP or the TGP, my error.

And, actually my center console was red vinyl. I think the cloth was just for 88 though 90. My center console is currently a black hard rubber out of the rear buckets of a Cutty. I modified the hinge to open to the rear istead of forward.

Gotta sign off for several days, best to all w-bodies....may they run forever, and more important....may the feaking suspensions hold out as long as the motors do.

hmm i shall go with 2.25 inch then if i can. i'd like to have the just bring the pipes all the way straight back as much as possible. also a question for Lee. does your car sound much different or better with the dual exhaust?

Underhood crossbars???

Funny how the 96 Regal got the GenII 3.8 one year before everyone else. Even in the 4drs.

i think he was talking about the support bars that go from near the strut towers to the rad. support.

the 96's got the Series II because that motor was originally a Buick only motor...so granted they were the first ones to put it in the w-bodys of that time....

kinda the same ordeal as to why the 04 Impala SS/Monte Carlo SS's only have the Series II and GP has Series III

it's highly unlikely it would ever happen but i wonder what it would look like?

It would look like a domestic car owned by a kid who wishes he had a high performance vehicle not made in northamerica.

yeah^^

but i'm thinking though...if i get it painted and a new exhaust, maybe i would just be better off find a POS to drive november-february? trouble is finding something that runs half way decent for under $200.

Underhood crossbars???

Funny how the 96 Regal got the GenII 3.8 one year before everyone else. Even in the 4drs.

i think he was talking about the support bars that go from near the strut towers to the rad. support.

That's what I was talking about. I didn't say strut tower brace :wink:

lol i dont get it, the S/C 3800 GP's are like, alot faster than lets say, a S/C regal of the time, or a S/C monte, i dont get that

What the hell are you talking about?

I think you should do whatever you darn well please with it. It is your car. if you think it looks good, go for it. You're the one that has to drive it, not anyone on this forum, afterall. A lot of people are minimalist and think that anything beyond stock is too much, even to the point of stripping things off to make your car have even less than factory. It's their opinion. If you ask other folks you'll get an entirely different answer. Customization is a big part of hot-rodding, motorcycles, or whatnot. You don't go to the big shows and see rows and rows of stockers, do you? You never, ever hear someone say "gosh, I wish my car was completely and utterly bone stock, just like everyone elses', so I can just blend in with the crowd".

If you are going to stick with a w-body, you might as well go for looks, period. Your car is not going to be a pavement-chewing performance monster regardless of what home-garage modifications you are going to do. If you want power, spend the money you were going to drop on modifications, paint and whatnot, and pick yourself up some old GM 70's muscle, put a little money into parts and get some real performance. I love my TGP, but it is a compromise vehicle, a little performace, decent mileage and 4 seats. I don't kid myself about its power, however, as any of my old firebirds or corvettes would spank my current w-body and send it crying home to mamma.

In the end, it's all about what you want. Listen to technical suggestions from the people who know. Those tid-bits are fact. But, weigh opinions with a grain of salt. No two people like all of the same things. If they did, we would all be driving the same car, of the same color, same brand, etc.

Do what you think is going to make you happy with what you have. The very worst that can happen is you make a mistake that can be corrected. Heck, if you want stripes, get the vinyl kind first and try them out. If you don't like them, peel them off. Simple as that.

Have fun.

FWIW, When I go to a car show, I can appreciate a car they kept looking like it came off the showroom floor more than I can one that has spoilers, body kits, wild paint jobs, TV's in the dash, and blowers that come through the hood. But that's just me..

FWIW, When I go to a car show, I can appreciate a car they kept looking like it came off the showroom floor more than I can one that has spoilers, body kits, wild paint jobs, TV's in the dash, and blowers that come through the hood. But that's just me..

:werd: x2

:withstupid: the stock looking cars are normally the ones that get the awards from what i see.

digitaloutsider wrote:

The only problem with this is that you can get sick of seeing the same 69 Mustang over and over again ina car show. I apprecate it when people actually have fun with their cars and do something tasteful as well as origional.

Usually in car shows they have different classes for stock cars and modded cars.