7.5 x 18's???

futuretgper

hey guys does anyone run a 245/18/40 on a 18x7.5inch wheel........in other words will a 245 width tire fit on a 7.5x18 wheel????? (so if i went with 7.5inch wheels i would be losing half an inch in the wheel but i don't want to lose any size on my tires...)

1. whats 1/2 inch do to ur handling? 2. nothing? 3. doesnt wider tires grip better

im not sure what your getting at.......haha you wrote three questions to answer........1. 1/2in of wheel loss does nothing substantial (to handling) as long the tires stay the same width......2. most likely as long as the tires stay the same width.....3. yes wider tires grip better (more surface area)......all these thing have been taken to mind.....but none of them answer my original question......will a 245 fit on a 7.5in width wheel........taking into account that it would be an 18 wheel and thus having a smaller sidwall to work with.....and the point made about loosing .5in in wheel width.......so.....................anyone???!!!

I run 245/45/17's and have no problems with them on 17x7 I actually like the wider tire because it helps protect the wheels a little from curbing them, I hate the look of tires that are the same width/look skinnier than the wheel they are on.

There is a Nissan Altima 3.5S that some old man traded in and it has 18x8 with 225/35/18 on it and they look aweful and the lack of sidewal is very noticeable

Every manufacturer's tire spec I have seen says that it won't work. Of course, they said that about 245/50R16's on a 6.5" wide wheel also and I ran those for quite a while. Most 245/45R18's are rated for 7.5" wide wheels though. I found most reputable shops will not put a tire onto a wheel that it's not rated for.

Tim

The lower the profile, the wider the minimum wheel width becomes.

In your case, minimum wheel width for 245/40R18 is 8".

That's not to say they couldn't be squeezed onto a 7.5" rim, but unfortunately it can't be done safely. That said, when I was on the NISMO forums looking up info for my dad's Infiniti Q45, there were some Q45 owners squeezing 245/40R18 onto 7.5" rims and didn't have any problems.