• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• Puggsley456

• terryk2003

• sl3196

oh geees...you afraid my setup was gonna hit harder then yours?...loL...now i gotta go buy some subs... :lol:

:lol: :lol: Its not that, the four speakers and the amp just werent cuttin it for me anymore, plus I got the subs for dirt cheap.

Alright well this is the setup I was thinking about...

Two Infinity 12" subs, 300w each, with an American Legacy amp powering them, 300w x 2, 600w x 1 with MOSFET.

Should I look into a different amp, I want to have an amp thats 300w x 2 but I dont want to break the bank buying one either. Any suggestions on the amp?

Well I found an amp with these features;

2 channel amplification

2 x 300w output

1 x 600w bridged output

600w total output

polished chrome finish w/plexiglass panel

remote control bass booster (0-12dB @ 60Hz)

fully adjustable electronic crossover network

soft turn on/off circuit

2 Ohm stereo stable

bridgeable into 4 OHms

MOSFET PWM power supplies

variable gain control

remote turn on/off

hi/lo level inputs

power on LED indicator

LED protection indicator

S/N ratio >90dB

THD: <0.04%

frequency responce 10Hz - 30kHz

thermal, overload, and short circuit protection

dimensions: 2"h x 11"w x 10.2"l

worth it or no?

Dont forget those are the Max output ratings. What brand and for How much?

Isnt the Max output ratings the peak and not the rms? Im not really sure on stuff about amps yet, still learning. The brand is American Legacy, I found a place that sells it for $109.99, then I found another place that sells the same exact amp, brand new for $64.00

IMO that amp is a waste of money. You get what you pay for!!!!

Ask yourself, how high quality can they be and still be able to make money on them?

The common equation used for amplifiers is $1/watt.

What amp(s) would you recommend that I would get that are high quality but I dont break the bank. either a 300w x 1 and Ill just buy two, or 300w x 2

Which infinity subs did you get? Which voice coil configuration are they dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm? The one I found is rated for 300rms, 1200max.

I assume the amp you are looking for is for the subs?

First in response to those amps you posted. Either would probably work. But, they wouldnt be my first choices. First to understand what to look for.

The subs you have are dual 4 ohm voice coils. When wired together they would give a 1 or 4 ohm mono(1 connection) or 2 or 8 ohm stereo(2 connections) impedance to which ever amp you chose.

My personnal choice, because I've used their products for a couple years now, and absolutelly love them would be the Elemental Designs Nine.2

http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=5&pid=24&cur=USD

It will produce 400 watts rms into a single 4 ohm load. And that rating is at 12.5 volts so if your car was runing at 14.4 volts you would probably see arround 500rms. ANd it would probably push your subs to their limits no problem. And the best part is its only $215 with free shipping :D

What do you think about pyramid products, I have a pyramid amp powering my four Infiniy speakers. Ive had it installed for a yr+, and I have no troubles and works great

I cant honestly offer a first hand expierience. But from what I have heard they are as entry level as they come. I dont mean any disrespect. I just personally wouldnt buy one if given an option.

just some FYI for ya...that audiobahn amp i mentioned above...i ordered it and had it in 2 days...just in case you thought about that...i dunno...anywayz, continue on with your convo...

just some FYI for ya...that audiobahn amp i mentioned above...i ordered it and had it in 2 days...just in case you thought about that...i dunno...anywayz, continue on with your convo...

:lol: Thanks for the info, Im still deciding on what amp to buy, I know what I want for everything else, so the amp will more than likely be the last thing I buy so I can get more time to decide......

Info on pyramid amp,

Description

High Power MOSFET Power Supplies

2 Channel Bridgeable Output

2 x 250 Watts Total Output

1 x 500 Watts Output Bridged Mono

Variable Gain Control

Gold Plated RCA Inputs

2 Ohm Stereo Stable

Bridgeable Into 4 Ohms Only

Soft Turn-On Circuit

Thermal/Short Circuit/Overload Protection

Heavy Duty Aluminum Alloy Heatsink

Remote Turn On/ Off

Power On/Protection LED Indicator

Frequency Response: 10-30k Hz

S/N Ratio: >95dB

Dimensions: 2.5''H x 10''W x 9.4''L

And if I remember correctly, the THD was <.04%

Im trying to find out if that is peak or RMS watts. I know that they are, well lets say not the best amp ever made, "entry level" as you put it, but it really powers my speakers pretty good. I just dont want to spend $80 million on this setup, just something decent that will sounds pretty good.

did you notice that amp puts out less power in 2 ohm than in 4 ohm? If you plan on running two amps.....which I dont see a point for. You'll have to worry about matching gains and wireing it all up will be more complicated as well.

Im not going to be installing it cuz the place Im buying all the stuff from will do it for cheap so they will. how much more complicated will it get?

that is a really nice amp, but with the sony, I would use 2 amps, one for each sub and get 250w RMS to each sub and thats only 180w to each sub.

Still looking on cardomain and various other websites for an amp. What Im looking for in close to 300w RMS x 1 and Ill buy two amps, one for each sub, or close too 600w RMS x 2 and Ill buy one. In that neighborhood, I know its kind of a tall order to fill.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFREF7520a

no,no. If you wired your 2 subs together like this.

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

It would give you a 4ohm load. You could bridge that JBL amp to get

580rms x 1 at 4 ohm.