Measuring SPL - Updated!!!

19Cutlass94

Well I just came back from getting my "system" measured. It was pretty cool, although the "song" I guess you could call it was really weird but on the CD player that I have, Pioneer 1600, I had it on normal for a EQ curve and the Loud was completely off. Although I know some of you will say what look at that price, well I dont know of any competitions around here to get it done cheaper so it was either that or nothing. I impressed almost everyone there. Heres why;

803598_66_full.jpg

Yupp thats right 120.5!!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• Puggsley456

• terryk2003

• sl3196

I think you get a more accurate reading with all eqs and bass enhancers and whatnot turned off....not sure though.

I know I have a THX subwoofer test and it says to turn off all eqs and bass enchacers before the test.

I think you get a more accurate reading with all eqs and bass enhancers and whatnot turned off....not sure though.

I know I have a THX subwoofer test and it says to turn off all eqs and bass enchacers before the test.

WTF? I'd hit like 115 or something with that stuff off. There is barely any bass with that stuff off.

All of that was turned off but the bass boost for the rear speakers was all the way up and the front speakers were like a 1/3 but yeah without any of that on, there really is no bass. Even if all that wsa on, and the eq was set right, I dont think Id get too much more. Allthought it gives a good sence of what it is with everything turned off and whatnot. :lol: does anyone know what Im trying to say

WTF? I'd hit like 115 or something with that stuff off. There is barely any bass with that stuff off.

what did you hit?

there was actually alot of bass because he had the volume up to about 24 or 25 out of 30 and it was rattling all the mirrors believe it or not

what did you hit?

there was actually alot of bass because he had the volume up to about 24 or 25 out of 30 and it was rattling all the mirrors believe it or not

135db.

yeah, 120.5 is pretty good for no subs, but I think Im going to make a few changes/upgrades and play around with the EQ and the Loud a little bit. Im going to be shooting for about 130 by mid/end of summer, which I think is realistic. 120.5 made me a happy person when I hit that but if I hit 130 or better with no subs, I couldnt tell you how happy Id be. Cuz my whole goal here for this "system" if you will, is to reach the highest possible db with no subs.

BTW, I know that alot of people here on w-body are also on cardomain, does anybody know how long it takes cardomain to verify something?

niiice...so, what do you have for speakers then!?...i didnt realize that was with no subs...i'd like to set up a kickin system in my car with no subs or minimal subs...

Right now, I have Infinity reference series, all four. I migh try the Kappa Perfect series and see what happens I duno. But last night at the local cruise in car show, I impressed my friend who though I had subs, but I guess its just a thing were you need to hear it instead of read it from me :lol:

At first I was going to get the Kappa Perfect series, but I was comparing the two (Kappa Perfect and reference) and I did notice that the reference was better in some areas than the Kappa Perfect, thats what made me go with the reference. It should kick ass though! what amp are you gettin for them?

Blastin the Infinity's :rocking: :lol:

well I guess the Kappa Perfect and the reference are better in defferent ranges than the other is. But you gotta lemme know how that turns out and how it sounds once you get the amp in there.

i dunno what amp to get yet...i'm thinkin i need @ least 400watts... i still gotta get my 6 1/2 kappa components to finish off my system...

I duno, I think 400w might be a little too much, like you wont use it all, if you get one with a bass boost control on it. Cuz I know the reference series and the Kappa Perfect, least for the 6"x9" have almost the same rms, 100w to 110w. But I duno about the 6.5" though. Mines only a 300w x 4channel.

You lucky bastard :lol: those 6.5" are 90w and the 4" speakers in my car are 35w!! so then yeah 400w sounds just about like what you need. Your car should sound alot better than mine with the 6.5" up front and the 6"x9" in rear

:twisted: i can't wait to get this shit installed...i guess i'll have to take her to a car stereo shop and have mine checked when i get done...i mean, to tell the truth, i didnt think i'd be able to get it sounding good without sub/subs...you've givin me hope man! :mrgreen:

I had mine installed at the shop cuz I bought everything there so they said they would install it for dirt cheap. But when I went to get mine tested, the guy was in a huge hurry to get his other work done, so I couldnt play around with the EQ's or the loud or anything so actually I think I could have hit 125+. I wanna hit/come very close to 140 with no subs but I duno about that one. But everyone thinks you need subs to make it sound good but you dont, unless you wanna be loud and annoying but yeah. Im glad Ive been able to help ya out! and everyone else thats reading this for that matter! :lol:

I had mine installed at the shop cuz I bought everything there so they said they would install it for dirt cheap. But when I went to get mine tested, the guy was in a huge hurry to get his other work done, so I couldnt play around with the EQ's or the loud or anything so actually I think I could have hit 125+. I wanna hit/come very close to 140 with no subs but I duno about that one. But everyone thinks you need subs to make it sound good but you dont, unless you wanna be loud and annoying but yeah. Im glad Ive been able to help ya out! and everyone else thats reading this for that matter! :lol:

Only if you wanny use a bunch of small speakers in a wall setup. Otherwise the only way is to use subs.

You guys should consider forking out the extra money for components. They are worth it. I put s aet of 5.25 components in my doors, and I cant emagine life without them :lol:

You guys should consider forking out the extra money for components. They are worth it. I put s aet of 5.25 components in my doors, and I cant emagine life without them :lol:

i still gotta get my 6 1/2 kappa components to finish off my system...

i have infinity kappa 60.5cs(component system) front speakers and infinity kappa 693.5i 6x9s in the rear. i also am running a 400 watt clarion 450apa 4 channel amp to power them my system hits hard enough to rattle my mirrors.

I hit 139db last year and an aiming for 141 this year.

I just entered my 1st comp. did 141.4, with 1 15". And that was a bad day!

Check mecacaraudio,com it's the Fremont show. Don't know if scores are up yet though.