Firewall hole

93CutlassSupreme

the 5 speed cars have the clutch master cylinder in that area and I believe it uses that hole (in square form) to mount. Guess this thread is useless after all. BWAHAHAHAHHA

the 5 speed cars have the clutch master cylinder in that area and I believe it uses that hole (in square form) to mount. Guess this thread is useless after all. BWAHAHAHAHHA
:withstupid: i knew that and i don't own a 5spd car :lol:

I can't remember who it was, but there was a member of this forum with an 88-91ish Cutty who passed a 2-0 gauge "welding" wire through that grommet to power up his audio system. I remember seeing the pics on the forum and that's how I got the idea to run my 4ga wire through said grommet...

Disco, I don't know if the 88-93 cars have a hole there. I'm almost sure my old '89 didn't. I don't have an older W to refer to, though. :lol:
They don't i've found it is easier to find from the inside of the car. my pic. from the inside of the car you should see a shiny little threaded hole next to the pedal thing. to the left of where the pedals bolt to the firewall but to the right of the shiny thing there should be a peice of padding you can take out. once that is out of the way that is the grommet you run the cables through. if you still can't find it i'll pull my cutlass's dash out and take some better pics of it.

I think it was lower on my 88 GP. I used a crowbar to ram a big hole through it, pushed it though then pulled it from the inside.

701046_22_full.jpg

this hole following the description above yours?

There is a hole/grommet that "some cars got, some cars didn't" just to the right of the CENTER of the firewall (about under the alt on a 3.1) where all '91-96 w-cars w/ floor shift had the shift cable go thru. The earlier w's like 88-90 it's hit or miss. if the car has column shift, that hole will not be there at all. most factory floor shifts 88-90 went thru this other hole HOWEVER I've pulled some floor shift cables that went thru the same grommet that the column shift cable went thru (the one next to the master cyl). Stick shift cars always had the linkages pass thru the center firewall hole IIRC.

I think it was lower on my 88 GP. I used a crowbar to ram a big hole through it, pushed it though then pulled it from the inside.

701046_22_full.jpg

this hole following the description above yours?

I really can't tell, that is a horrible picture :lol:

Disco, I don't know if the 88-93 cars have a hole there. I'm almost sure my old '89 didn't. I don't have an older W to refer to, though. :lol:

Our 88 and 89 Cutlasses had the hole in the exact same place as Disco's.

??? thats odd because none of mine have that hole :?

??? thats odd because none of mine have that hole :?

I'm sure they do. It's not as obvious on an 88-93 has some rubber crap surrounding the booster to make it less visible too.

Man shawn i've pulled the rubber crap off looking for that hole and i didn't find it i had to go at the empty one from the inside of the car to find it :?

You probably found the same one, maybe you've just never really seen what that plug looks like on the other side because of all the crap blocking it. I had to find it from inside too. 88-89's have a false firewall and all sorts of stuff, it's almost impossible to find the plug from underhood.

firewall.jpg

my clutch master cylinder is right here

any other holes in the firewall?

i just want to slap on some driving lights and this is turning into a nightmare

They don't i've found it is easier to find from the inside of the car. my pic. from the inside of the car you should see a shiny little threaded hole next to the pedal thing. to the left of where the pedals bolt to the firewall but to the right of the shiny thing there should be a peice of padding you can take out. once that is out of the way that is the grommet you run the cables through. if you still can't find it i'll pull my cutlass's dash out and take some better pics of it.

i posted this above to kevin i hope it helps :? it also helps to poke a wire coat hanger through that grommet.

james, he has a manual trans car. the gromet you are talking about is utilised by the manual transmission so no running wires through that.

kev, check back on page 2 where john talks about a hole for auto trans cars shift linkages, that should be your ticket on where to run the wires.

looks like your going to have some fun drilling a hole kevin or you could just poke through some rubber seal on the fire wall since its not a very big wire :lol:

when I installed my neons there was a passenger side hole like they said and for driver side I ended up drilling a hole in the floorboard (didnt want to) and ran it through the firewall from there

Use the hole for the hood release. Isn't that what is pictured in discostudd's reply?

that hole worked

thanks for the help guys